Director, Technical Accounting at Stash
Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
We are seeking an energetic and growth-driven Director, Technical Accounting who will join our accounting team and help take our accounting function to the next level. Reporting into our Controller, this hire will lead technical accounting matters and also play a key role in our day to day accounting operations.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate areas of the month end close process and financial statements preparation and reporting
- Write and maintain accounting memorandums and define accounting policies and internal controls to ensure appropriate accounting treatment under US GAAP
- Research, document, and communicate to leadership the implications of various technical accounting and financial reporting matters
- Participate in review of contracts and new product features for revenue recognition and other accounting implications and provide accurate accounting guidance
- Work with internal partners on initiatives to improve the organization including (but not limited to) new processes, procedures, workflows or system enhancements
- Assist with the preparation and review of quarterly and annual disclosures and supporting schedules of the Company’s financial statements
- Assist with ad hoc accounting projects and strategic initiatives, as needed
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience including ASC 606 or other technical accounting expertise
- Mix of experience at a public company and Big 4 public accounting experience is a plus
- An appropriate certification in accounting or auditing, such as a CPA or CA
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm to collaborate cross-functionally and influence change and accounting enhancements
- Attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality work
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Space Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**