We're looking for a Director/Senior Director, Business Development to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role and our team.
What You'll Do
The Business Development (BD) team is responsible for identifying and driving key business opportunities at Flatiron in three areas: (1) strategic partnerships (2) M&A and (3) new market development. We are looking for people who will not only develop strategies to accelerate Flatiron’s growth, but will also drive their execution to deliver results. Some examples of our work include bringing new products to market with a partner (e.g., developing a joint clinico-genomic data product with Foundation Medicine), launching new companies (e.g., OneOncology), and incubating new product offerings / market launches.
In this role, you'll work within the BD team to identify and execute partnerships, support acquisitions, and new market launches that advance Flatiron’s mission. Working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing business, you will be consistently challenged and are expected to learn quickly from your cross-functional teammates as you make an impact on cancer care together.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for Flatiron’s businesses, brainstorm and evaluate tradeoffs of potential solutions, conduct analyses, and inform strategic decisions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company (e.g., Product, Legal, Finance, Sales, Research Clinicians, etc.) to properly identify, prioritize, and execute on partnership and M&A opportunities.
- Own all aspects of deal execution, including identification and prioritization of partners/targets, strategic and financial assessment, transaction structuring and negotiation, operations planning, follow through to results, and relationship management.
We’re looking for an individual who is excited to work cross-functionally, with external partners and is willing to roll up their sleeves to drive ambiguous projects forward.
Who You Are
You're a highly analytic, strategic thinker with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their implications. You have 5+ years experience in externally-facing roles in healthcare, preferable in a partnering or corporate development-related role at a high growth company. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who values the chance to make an important impact.
In addition, you:
- Have project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing highly complex, cross-functional projects to completion.
- Are able to cultivate and strengthen relationships internally and externally across a matrix of roles and areas of expertise.
- Can navigate organizational cultures and teams at both Flatiron and partners.
- Maintain a high degree of comfort with ambiguity - you’re able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information and have a demonstrated ability to learn complex concepts quickly.
- Have a nose for value - you’re able to effectively prioritize and think strategically in a challenging, rapidly changing, and time sensitive environment.
- Demonstrate exceptional written and communication skills and experience developing external relationships.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.