Employer Partnerships and Business Development Lead at Thirty Madison
Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for GI conditions), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
In this role, you will be our first business development hire as we expand the Thirty Madison business beyond the DTC market. You will be responsible for building out an enterprise sales and partnerships function. As part of this, you will set up the appropriate processes and tools to succeed in the B2B market, help define the strategy for targeting various employers and benefits aggregators, and potentially lead a team of sales development representatives.
You will also support the entire employer sales and partnerships lifecycle, from prospect identification through signed contract. As part of this, you will work closely with Marketing to build a robust pipeline of high priority prospects. Next, you will effectively pitch the value of Thirty Madison’s end-to-end healthcare programs, owning the relationship with these prospects and working closely with them to secure verbal commitments. After this, you will coordinate the overall contracting process. Finally, you will help facilitate the implementation kick-off process between the Sales & Implementation teams.
The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, with the ability to quickly gain a deep understanding of the nuances of our complex care model, and the benefits of this model for our employer customers. The ideal candidate is also an entrepreneurial self-starter, who is excited about building an enterprise sales team from the ground up, and who will take the initiative to identify and close enterprise sales. We are looking for candidates with experience selling to large employers and benefits aggregators, and who can effectively own the employer relationship from end-to-end. We look for teammates who are curious, kind, and proactive and will challenge us at every turn. This role will provide a unique opportunity to help dramatically scale Thirty Madison’s employer business.Some things you will work on:
- Help set the overall enterprise sales and partnership strategy in collaboration with Thirty Madison leadership
- Build out an enterprise sales and partnership function, including the development of processes and the implementation of tools / technology
- Build and nurture a pipeline of enterprise prospects
- Pitch the benefits of Thirty Madison’s healthcare programs to enterprise prospects, and refine the pitch over time
- Coordinate the contracting process, including the preparation of SOWs and MSAs
- Help facilitate the implementation kick-off process
- Track and analyze the sales funnel, and deliver regular insights to senior leadership
- 4+ years experience selling health / wellness benefits to employers and / or benefits aggregators, including driving meetings for both cold and inbound prospects as well as supporting the entire sales lifecycle.
- Experience building and leading a sales organization for a health / wellness benefit.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, with the ability to create and analyze campaign reports and dashboards to provide meaningful insights and recommendations. Proficient in Excel.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and the desire to bring structure to undefined procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present Thirty Madison in a way that is timely, relevant, and differentiates us from the competition. Mastery of powerpoint/google slides is required.
- Highly creative, with the ability to think outside the box to create new outreach strategies and tactics.
- An ability to quickly get up to speed on Thirty Madison’s complex care model, and a desire to operate outside of your comfort zone
- A passion for improving healthcare and for expanding access to specialist-level care
- Competitive salary packages and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.