Enterprise Architect at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a senior leader to ensure we have the right technology and processes to scale our operations. Your primary responsibilities include improving the current business system infrastructure to optimize business operations in the areas of order management, supply chain, manufacturing, finance, and ecommerce. You will be working with your peers in the technology team as well as partners from all operations groups within Peloton. You will integrate data across systems and ensure that cross-team delivery is fully considered from an end-to-end perspective. You are also responsible for documenting cross-team systems and processes for business capabilities, and developing roadmaps for future capability delivery. You have worked in a large enterprise with a manufacturing, retail and eCommerce infrastructure, and you have a point of view on a best-in-class reference architecture.
More about you:
The successful candidate will have a mix of excellent technical, analytical, program management, and communications skills. You are a strong, acknowledged leader, an empathic listener, and you can explain complex ideas to C-level audiences using plain English. You have worked for a large enterprise and you want to mature Peloton’s thinking and execution. You are very collaborative, thrive when solving hard problems, and move effortlessly across organizational boundaries.
Enterprise Architect Responsibilities:
- Build the long term strategic roadmap for all Enterprise Systems architecture in line with business priorities and objectives.
- Ensure the company’s business strategy is aligned with the business technology landscape. Advise senior business management.
- Act as the glue on cross-functional technical programs to ensure that end-to-end processes and data flow seamlessly. Drive decisions across cross-functional teams, both technical and operational.
- Define and document standard business systems and processes for cross team, cross system delivery of business capabilities.
- Identify strategies for resolving and preferably avoiding unintended consequences introduced by complex development and business process re-engineering programs.
- Recommend approaches to make Peloton’s business infrastructure more agile and responsive to changing business conditions. These approaches may include people and processes as well as technology.
- Develop and maintain key enterprise architecture deliverables.
- Organize training to improve employees' knowledge and skills for future organizational growth.
- Provide business architecture and systems implementation guidance.
- Define build versus buy strategies; provide a decision tree to explain the approach.
- Mentor personnel.
Enterprise Architect Requirements:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Information Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of business system analyst or engineering experience.
- 2 years of Enterprise Architecture experience or the equivalent in a Global 2000 company.
- Broad background in different sectors such as e-commerce, retail, manufacturing, logistics, operations.
- Demonstrated experience and examples of models built using Enterprise Frameworks.
- 7 years experience implementing a SaaS business system architecture.
- 5 years experience acting in a senior technical capacity for an program using Oracle or SAP ERP, Manhattan Associates, or an Enterprise Class e-Commerce system.
- 2 years of people management experience.
- Good understanding of omnichannel capabilities and contact center operations.
- Experience presenting strategy recommendations to C-level audiences.
- Preferred: two years of consulting experience for a big 5 firm.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and project management skills.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.