Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Novi, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
Paxos’s Growth Team is looking for a high-energy, driven professional with sound business insight and natural sales instincts to grow our Enterprise Business Development team. You will lay the foundation of the sales effort through prospecting large accounts and engaging in the early stages of the sales funnel alongside our VPs of business development. Our customers include some of the largest companies in the world (global financial institutions like Mastercard, large fintechs like PayPal, and ecommerce giants like MercadoLibre, etc). You will work with our Business Development and Solutions Engineering teams to qualify new prospects, to handle RFIs/RFPs early in the sales process, and to coordinate among multiple internal teams to ensure a smooth handoff to the VP for further selling.
As an Enterprise Business Development Manager, you'll get to:
- Understand the Paxos platform and the many use cases across all verticals
- Engage with enterprise prospects early in the sales process to qualify and then to map out a potential engagement
- Educate C-level and VP-level prospects on the Paxos platform and schedule meetings for the VP of Biz Dev
- Engage deep discovery to better understand the customer needs, their timelines, and their understanding of the product
- Support RFP processes as needed
- Manage key internal and external partner alliances
- Participate in sales forecasting and other sales leadership activities to help us clarify our sales staging and to help build the most effective sales process
- Excel in operating in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Work with marketing to ensure all sales content is relevant and effective
- Travel to key customer meetings, to industry events, and to trade shows
Your experience should include:
- 3+ years' in a qualifying or prospecting role; 1+ year in a closing role
- A BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in a B2B sales type role in Technology and/or Finance, preferably with a global and/or enterprise customer base
- An ability to translate complex business concepts into concise, easy to understand concepts
- You have experience driving internal teams, are comfortable working with uncertainty in a fast-paced environment, and able to put structure to nebulous, complex problems.
- Comfort delivering technical and value-based conversations with C-level executives
- 2+ years of experience working inside of Salesforce as your CRM
- The desire to learn and to stay on top of a very fast-changing industry
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been named as a “Best Place to Work” by BuiltIn and was recently listed on the 2021 Forbes Fintech 50. All of our employees have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Life at Paxos
- 2021 Paxos Year in Review
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos National Trust Receives OCC Conditional Approval for De Novo Charter
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- USDP Stablecoin Chosen for Meta's Pilot of Novi Digital Wallet
- Mercado Libre Creating Biggest Crypto Market in LatAm through Paxos
- Paxos Supports Interactive Brokers' Journey into Crypto Markets
- Paxos Hiring 400 Employees in 2022
- Paxos CEO Discusses Crypto, Blockchain and the Future of Finance
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
- Paxos CEO Discusses How Blockchain can Replatform the Financial System
- Cointelegraph names Paxos CEO in Top 100 influencers in crypto and blockchain
- Built In NYC Names Paxos a 2022 Best Place to Work
- Forbes Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 50
- CB Insights Names Paxos to 2021 Fintech 250 for Crypto Category
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.