Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. We’re scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The role
Outstanding organizations are built on focus, cohesion, drive, and - of course - a stellar product. At Simon, we've found a rapidly-expanding sweet spot in marketing software and are growing our team to take advantage of that opportunity.
The team at Simon is well-supported by a mature account development function, a dynamic go-to-market process, best-in-class, hands-on client solutions team and a great customer base of savvy companies.
As a Sales Engineer, you'll be a key contributor to growing the top line in an essential new SaaS category at the intersection of data and marketing, backed by some of the best technologists in the world. This role will work cross-functionally with prospects in a pre-sales capacity, as well as with our product function as the voice of our customer base.What you'll do
- Diagnose challenges facing CMOs, CTOs and VP-level leaders at F1000s and high-growth companies
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations, including custom demos, explaining products and services to prospective customers.
- Assist prospective customers as they perform technical due diligence while also performing the same due diligence on behalf of Simon to assess client fit
- Drive conversion of proof of concepts by assisting in presale solutioning
- Work closely with Simon Data founders, Sales Executives, Client Solutions Managers, Partnership Teams, and Product Managers to help shape product vision and go-to-market strategy
- Partake in the commercialization strategy for a high-growth startup, backed by top investors
- 3+ years of sales engineering experience
- Bachelor's degree (technical degree a plus)
- Ability to strategically partner with prospects
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand the multifaceted MarTech landscape (prior knowledge a plus)
- Experience thinking through complex data models and mapping business requirements to technical requirements and vice-a-versa
- SQL experience or similar relevant programming languages
- A strategic problem solver who's passionate about results and is able to succeed in an unstructured and fast-paced environment
- Thoughtful, curious and a problem solver
- Experience as a top performer in previous roles
- Superior emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently to deliver outcomes, and collaborate with and across teams
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to think on your feet
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.