Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
As an Enterprise Solution Engineer, you will be a key member of our enterprise sales team. You will be responsible for owning the technical discussions, product demonstrations, proofs-of-concept and proving out the value of OwnBackup’s solution to our prospects and customers. In addition, you will work closely with our DevOps and R&D teams to channel customer feedback and further product development.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Deliver killer product demonstrations to set OwnBackup apart from other solutions
- Be an evangelist for our enterprise customers to backup and own their SaaS application data
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements to product management teams and help validate functionality
- Manage proof of concepts with enterprise customers from success criteria definition through to testing and acceptance
- Maintain a regular customer feedback channel and provide inputs for product development.
- Travel – Up to 40%
- MUST HAVE: 3+ year(s) experience as a Solution Engineer in a pre-sales capacity
- In-depth knowledge of Salesforce platform including a deep understanding of data models, security and third-party apps
- Experience and proven track record in working with Enterprise customers
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, perform complex tasks and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied political environments
- Ability to build rapport quickly with customers
- Good planning and organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to work calmly under pressure
- Experience leveraging the Salesforce API’s, managed packages & Visualforce
- Familiarity with a variety of Salesforce third-party apps
- Understanding of Amazon Web Services technology stacks and infrastructure
- Knowledge of cloud security principles
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.