Event Sales Account Manager
The Event Sales Account Manager, SMO will drive events sponsorship sales to grow market share and incremental revenue for tronc. Working in a team environment with event managers, sponsorship director, advertising managers, account executives, creative and production staff, this position will lead local sponsorship strategy and development. Additional responsibilities include partnering with the sales rep by going on sales calls and being an individual contributor selling sponsorship into tronc’s own operated events and custom events. This individual will work closely with Local Event Leadership, Production and Marketing teams to compile information & support sales through customized proposal generation including ideation, collecting and formulating research information, and building compelling presentations outlining all promotional elements and opportunities available within each event.
- Collaborate with sponsorship, production and marketing departments to create impactful sponsorship proposals
- Lead identification and opportunity management
- Identify sponsorship candidates and contacts for all business unit event opportunities
- Penetrate new event budgets and reach new decision makers with unique customer solutions though audience, activation, and integrated marketing.
- Retain and renew existing sponsorships
- Conduct extensive customer needs analysis and develop customer focused solutions
- Creative proposal development
- Facilitate fulfillment (delivery), tracking and billing of campaigns to ensure that deliverables meet client expectations
- Act as liaison between clients and production to ensure flawless sponsor executions
- On-site sponsorship management within each event
- Client outreach to identify appropriate contacts and facilitate communication
- Outreach plan and ongoing pressure against local event sales goals
- Conceptualize and manage and implement strategies for sponsorship sales.
- Collect and explain insights and best business practices for key categories to team members, sales managers and sales representatives leading to more persuasive positioning of our events.
- Present ROI and promotional recaps to sales staff and clients at end of each sold program.
- Research new and existing clients for sponsorship prospects. Anticipate client needs. Prepare research to inform and educate prospects on strategic insights which can be applied to the sponsorship opportunity.
- Responsible for creating cohesive branded deck templates, evaluating and valuing sponsorship levels and pricing.
- Monitor event industry trends and make recommendations to keep events team positioned as a leader in the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent event experience
- 3+ years experience of success in Sponsorships & Event sales
- Solid understanding of Events and Advertising industry essential
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication & presentation skills
- Must be effective at multi-tasking and have exceptional time-management skills
- Must be comfortable interacting with large clients in person and over the phone
- Must have a positive attitude and be driven to optimize results for clients
- Successful relationship-building skills.
- Self-starter, possess high energy, creative and analytical skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Must be able to work non-traditional hours to facilitate on-site activation of sponsorships
- Goal-oriented with ability to maintain a deep and broad understanding of the market (e.g. customers, sponsors and key trends).
Requires a valid driver’s license.