Financial Institutions Strategist
Greater NYC Area
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Robinhood to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
Plaid's ability to maintain consistent and reliable integrations with financial institutions is a core part of our value proposition, and financial institutions are increasingly becoming customers of Plaid. The Business Development team works closely with Plaid's financial institution partners to ensure that both the integrations are maintained at the highest quality possible and Plaid is the technology partner of choice for relevant use cases. This requires developing in-depth knowledge of the financial institutions and putting in place the relationships that are critical to prioritizing integration quality and identifying commercial opportunities.
This role will be responsible for establishing, expanding, and managing relationships at some of our largest financial institutions partners. You will need to be able to handle meetings from product owners in the trenches to senior executives. The topics you will need to proficiently engage on will range from the technical aspects of data sharing to regulatory/policy topics to deepen understanding of Plaid's core products. In addition, you must be comfortable working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to share information or troubleshoot issues that can help strengthen our integrations.
What excites you
- Structuring complicated deals and navigating challenging conversations to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes
- Being a astute negotiator, strategic dealmaker, and enjoy working within the Plaid value system by always treating partners fairly
- Rolling up your sleeves and learning about a wide-range of topics including tech, product and business
What excites us
- 5-10 years experience, a plus for folks with financial services or BD experience
- Personal network at larger financial institutions is a plus
- Deep negotiating and deal structuring skill set
- Strong executive and sales presence
- Technical and product affinity is a must
- Ideal candidate is positive, collaborative, organized, focused and a self-starter
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description