Flagship Store Sales Associate
We’re seeking a Retail Associate at our brand new Crosby Street flagship store to represent the Away brand by setting the standard of providing best-in-class retail experience from the moment a customer walks through the door. The right candidate has retail experience in NYC, is passionate about travel, can hold a conversation with anyone, and is willing to work with the team to create tremendous experiences for customers and the Away community.
What you'll do:
- Deliver an awe-inspiring customer experience to customers while assisting them with the entire shopping process and introducing them to the Away brand
- Create and fulfill orders, both for in-store purchases and online requests
- Stay on top of inventory demands and customer requests
- Communicate with the Store Manager daily about sales goals, store issues, and ideas
- Assist with setting up and execution of events
Who you are:
- Friendly, upbeat, passionate about travel, with a calm and positive attitude even during rushes
- Smart, organized, patient, and an efficient communicator
- At least one year of retail experience, comfortable with or capable of learning ecommerce and point of sale platforms
- Available on nights and/or weekends with a flexible schedule
- Witty, obsessed with trends and culture, and can start a conversation with anyone
- Possess a “no task is too small” attitude
- Excited to be a part of the Away team!
- This position is part-time with hourly based wages with potential for full time opportunities for truly exceptional associates
Away (awaytravel.com) is modernizing the travel experience, beginning with your luggage, while striving to set the example for how socially conscious companies should conduct themselves. In November 2015, we launched our brand in Vogue, GQ, and USA Today, and have been featured in over 80 publications including New York Magazine, Travel + Leisure, and Wallpaper*. Away was founded by two Warby Parker alums and has raised $31M in venture funding from investors including Global Founders Capital, Forerunner Ventures, and Accel Partners.