Global Key Account Executive at Flexport
Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 1,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices and warehouses. And we’re just getting started. As we enter our next phase of growth, we’re looking for driven and intellectually curious Account Executives to join to help make Flexport the leader in Global Trade! Help us solve real-world problems while streamlining the inefficient industry of global trade.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we are looking for a driven, intellectually curious Account Executive to help us grow our air and ocean volumes with Global Key Accounts. As one of a select number of Account Executives on the team, you’ll have a greenfield opportunity to help grow our portfolio of customers. You will leverage your knowledge and experience as you partner with several operations teams across the US.
What you’ll do
- Proactively consult with clients and develop solutions for their logistics needs
- Communicate the value of Flexport through remote and in person meetings with client executives
- Develop and execute a plan to build pipeline from new and existing customers in your territory
- Engage with stakeholders from other departments at Flexport to develop client-specific solutions
- Coordinate and negotiate annual RFPs
- Collaborate with Flexport’s client operations teams to identify upsell opportunities, source pipeline, and develop strategic account plans
What you’ll need
- 10-15 years of experience in a customer facing sales/business development role at a leading international freight forwarder
- At least 5 years designing solutions for Global Key Accounts
- Competitive and creative drive to win over customers and think outside the box to get a deal done
- Demonstrated ability to run a sales meeting and structured sales process
- Proven success building and maintaining long term commercial relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience presenting to C-level executives
- A passion for pursuing new and bold ideas within the context of business priorities
- The ability to quickly identify, prioritize, and execute tasks to meet critical project deadlines
- Experience problem-solving within multi-faceted and complex systems
- Experience negotiating with third-party providers of products and services
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. You’re a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- The intellectual horsepower and curiosity to learn a new way of operating in an old industry.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. That’s why it’s our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology and data analytics, logistics infrastructure, and supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients and suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital and Y Combinator. We’re excited about the three big ways we’re moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Investing your time with Flexport means having an immediate impact, all over the world. You’re empowered to do what’s best for everyone and trusted to make the right decisions when and where you need them. Join our collective of entrepreneurs and improve the world’s experience in global trade.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.