We’re one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because we’re making homeownership simpler, faster — and most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what it’s like to buy and own a home in this country, we’re building things that don’t exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- We’ve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- We’re #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, and others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
As a part of our fast-growing team you’ll continually innovate and iterate on how to bring best-in-class service to our customers. Unique to this role at Better is that you will never cold call or prospect. Our technology generates warm leads (potential customers) that you’ll be responsible for engaging and moving through the mortgage process through their closing of a mortgage. This business associate track will expose you to our full company: including our product, engineering, and marketing orgs. From your seat you will have the opportunity to share customer insights, improve Better's core technology and build and grow your own career within Better.
Note: This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Getting on the phone and interacting with customers to guide them through the mortgage process
- Guiding customers through the key required steps to help them fund their mortgage
- Providing the best customer experience possible, which will help us convert more customers
- Preparing and reviewing required customer documentation with particular attention to detail
- Working with third parties to ensure a smooth and efficient closing for our borrowers
- Coming up with and driving initiatives for how we can improve our customer experience - we value your feedback!
The PERKS of being “Better”:
- Competitive pay and opportunities for bonus
- Free breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Free and low premium medical and dental coverage
- Team outings, happy hours (we love hanging out together!)
- Fitness reimbursements
- 0 - 2+ years of experience (with pay and title commensurate with experience)
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically and problem solve complex scenarios
- Strong communication, organization, and time management skills
- High degree of integrity and work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree
- Desire to crush it
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news and trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion: If you don’t get excited about helping people get into and stay in the home of their dreams then this simply won’t work.
- Smarts: book and street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy and Compassion: You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you don’t understand?
- Building. Doing. Making: Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking and talking to figure this stuff out, but you can’t wait to leave the conversation and build it.