Head of Amazon Business Development at Harry's Inc.
The Head of Amazon Business Development is the primary strategic business development leader for growing our revenue, EBITDA and category share for all of Harry’s Inc. brands at Amazon. This role will lead and execute a comprehensive 3-year growth plan for Harry’s Inc. at Amazon. The Head of Amazon Business Development will be charged with building a highly talented global team of sales leaders and cross-functional managers that will represent our brands within the Harry’s Inc. portfolio. This leader represents a vital role for the company’s future growth and success, as we continue to build innovation and scale.
About the Retail Team
The Retail Team is a critical commercial function that impacts a large majority of the overall company revenue and EBITDA contribution. Retail serves as a vital partner to our Brand GM’s and Cross-functional leaders. Retail is responsible for all retail partnerships and the business development activities at each retailer. In addition, Retail creates the company's go-to-market decisions and priorities via Retail Strategy and Planning, and cultivates lower funnel brand marketing investments via Retail Marketing. Retail team members need to embody a deep understanding that customers are the humans who use our products – and we need to define and create best practices to enable our customers to be delighted when choosing our products and ultimately using our products. Retail team members also need to deeply understand our brands, the customers who use our brands, and our retail partners’ objectives and strategies.
Your core responsibilities
- Lead Harry’s Inc. business portfolio development with Amazon, accelerating growth through a dedicated team to deliver budgeted sales revenue, gross profit, category share development, marketing strategies, and supply chain operational excellence. This includes leading a cross-functional team that will surround our partner with a total solutions approach and capability.
- Lead the implementation and amplification of a 3-year growth plan.
- Manage and own the Amazon P&L, including all trade investment and overall OpEx considerations.
- Partner with our Sr. Directors of Walmart and Target teams to collaborate on our digital retail strategy.
- Develop and execute our overall Amazon go-to-market strategy for driving profitable share growth in alignment with our brand priorities.
- Build and foster strategic relationships with Amazon,, including merchandising, marketing, supply chain and store operations. This includes building and owning a Joint Business Plan for Harry’s Inc., measured by a joint scorecard which encompasses our mutual growth targets and strategic investment areas.
- Ensure we have robust brand-level Joints Business Plans with corresponding scorecards that represent mutually defined annual goals.
- Lead the hiring, training and personal development of cross-functional team talent supporting Amazon across the company – creating a highly collaborative and effective culture that reflects Harry’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Manage a high functioning team, to include potential agency partners, to serve our business management requirements and metrics, at an optimal and mutually defined ROI.
- Define and lead the necessary business questions and support from data analytics and shopper insights, to position Harry’s as the thought leader in shave and soft product categories in which we compete.
These might describe you
- 5+ years of CPG ecommerce experience with a demonstrated track-record of leadership with Amazon directly, and/or digital retail experience including demonstrated success in delivering top and bottom line results.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively negotiate and influence across multiple levels and functions and drive coordination across groups
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen, with demonstrated data driven approach to business management
- A strong leader with a demonstrated track-record for exhibiting an entrepreneurial spirit coupled with a general management mindset and capabilities.
- Leadership experience in CPG marketing, sales or retail merchandising and marketing is ideal.
- A model for collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s brands
- Strong interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast paced environment
Who you will work with
- You'll work most closely with key retail leadership and contacts, Sales Strategy and Planning and Brand for go-to-market planning, distribution and planning for operational and fulfillment needs, R&D for product and design needs,and Retail Marketing for demand creation best practices.
- You'll report to the Head of Retail at Harry’s
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.