Head of Business Development - Travel & Hospitality at CLEAR
CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues and more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are looking for a Head of Strategic Partnerships - Travel & Hospitality to lead growth and expansion opportunities across our rapidly accelerating Travel & Hospitality business lines. Reporting into the VP, Travel & Hospitality, you will ensure the growth of CLEAR’s footprint by driving partnerships, sourcing, negotiation and execution with some of the largest travel and hospitality companies on earth. Additionally, you will help them rethink their customer experience and how CLEAR can make it safer and easier with all that we do: hotels operators and owners, cruise operators, rental car companies and beyond.
What You Will Do:
- Leverage your deep industry expertise and familiarity with how technology can transform customer experiences in travel and hospitality to think creatively about ways to increase CLEAR’s value to customers and partners; this will include leveraging the company’s platform of identity and experience products to further embed into existing infrastructure and transform customer experiences
- Research and refine new applications, value propositions and partnership strategies for target markets
- Aggressively drive expansion of CLEAR’s application to net new partners across the travel and hospitality industry by prioritizing and converting some of the largest players in the space
- Take a hands-on and active leadership role in negotiating and closing deals with customers and partners
- Work closely with the management team, and with customers and partners, to ensure that CLEAR delivers products and services which consistently exceed expectations
- Build an incredible team of high performers to help accelerate our expansion and impact in this space
- Create and refine internal processes and metrics to scale technical business development organization
- Deliver competitive intelligence, and monitor competitor moves and business trends. In partnership with the VP to monitor, forecast, and report on the business pipeline and on revenue, profit, and key metrics
Who You Are:
- 12+ years experience in both enterprise and consumer-facing businesses, with outbound and inbound sales acumen, including deep travel and/or hospitality experience
- Enterprise SaaS and/or technology experience at an fast growing, innovative technology company
- An aggressive and tenacious approach to pursuing new markets, creating pipeline, building deep partnership and delivering to always exceed expectations
- An indefatigable leader with a firm belief in CLEAR’s position for growth and disruption, your strong sense of personal responsibility brings urgency and accountability to all that you undertake.
- Genuine comfort and effectiveness as both a manager and a doer; an intense focus on getting things done, and a willingness to be as hands on as required
- Willingness to travel as required (perhaps up to 50% of the time)