Head of Institutional Sales at Gemini
Help us Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) empowers individuals through crypto by providing simple, elegant, and secure ways for people to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrency. We are a licensed cryptocurrency exchange and custodian with a focus on product, security, licensing and compliance.
Cryptocurrency and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Business Operations
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Operations we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Head of Global Institutional Sales
Gemini is looking for a Head of Global Institutional Sales to grow our business by promoting Gemini’s unique value proposition in the financial space and fulfill our mission of building the future of money. This person will lead the way in broadening Gemini’s reputation as a trusted, secure cryptocurrency exchange for institutional clients. Leading a global team, they will create and implement thoughtful, authentic, and knowledgeable approaches to sales and account management. These approaches will gain new business and cultivate established relationships with major institutional clients and high-net-worth individuals from a global market.
This full-time, New York City-based position will report to Gemini’s Chief Operating Officer, will manage a team of sales professionals in Gemini’s U.S. offices, and will provide oversight to individuals based in Europe and Asia.
- Manage a team of sales professionals to prospect and generate new business for Gemini in multiple regions across the globe
- Work with Gemini’s leadership to identify and implement key sales/business development targets in the market
- Use reputation and expertise in the institutional financial market to establish strong relationships with institutional decision-makers and investors
- Maintain a “player / coach” leadership style, building and directing team-wide sales strategies as well as managing their own portfolio of clients and sales targets
- Become a subject matter expert for Gemini’s exchange, Gemini CustodyTM, and other institutional products
- Own relationship management processes for existing and acquired institutional clients
- 10+ years total relevant experience with 5+ years managing a sales team
- In depth knowledge of execution intermediaries (buy side service providers) and how to effectively support them and nurture relationships with them
- Experience selling infrastructure, such as selling custody solutions, and setting up new customers with their institution’s PB services
- Experience in derivatives sales, and the ability to lead conversations with market makers for derivatives that the business may offer in the future
- Experience working with a risk taking trading desk
- Solid reputation and extensive network within the institutional financial market, with the ability to: (i) connect with decision-makers on internal teams and at senior leadership levels, and (ii) bring credibility to business development and outbound sales conversations
- Proficiency in client relationship management processes and best practices
- Self-starter with passion for learning about new technology and the ability to roll up sleeves
- Experience in cryptocurrency market
- Experience managing a global sales team
- Prior experience in a growth-stage technology companies, preferably offering new/disruptive solutions amid a more traditional market
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Building the Future of Money is a global mission that promises to transform lives across borders, societies, and cultures. At Gemini, we know that our success is impossible without diverse teams who represent our end users, so we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know!