Head of New Business Development at Orchard
Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Business Development leader to cultivate local and national partnerships, and launch new revenue driving initiatives. You will engage with a diverse set of constituents in the real estate ecosystem to deliver innovative solutions that help Orchard acquire new homebuyers and sellers, and create meaningful experiences for our customers. A true entrepreneur, the Head of New Business Development will be excited about carrying partnerships from wacky idea through scaling.
This is a full time role that will report into the Head of Business Development and be based out of either our New York City or Austin office. We will consider other, remote locations, for the right candidate.
What You’ll Do Here
- Develop new customer acquisition channels
- Spearhead end-to-end programs, including strategy development, piloting, execution, measurement, and advocacy
- Collaborate with local market leaders to identify business opportunities and drive adoption of emerging programs
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- 8+ years in sales, business / corporate development, or management consulting
- Track record of success in quota driven roles
- Experience managing complex, long-term partner initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior employment at early/growth stage company strongly preferred
- An entrepreneurial mindset, drive to deliver results, and strong worth ethic
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail; data-driven mentality
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize work based on business and operational need
- Comfort working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Low ego
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.