Head of Pre-IPO Sales at EquityZen
EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We're looking for a Head of Pre-IPO Sales to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. If you are excited by the prospect of overseeing our Sales organization, establishing and executing on strategy, and owning the Sales teams' performance, we’d love to hear from you.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 2 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
Reporting to the CEO, you will:
- Be a member of our Leadership team, which is responsible for setting company-wide strategy and goals.
- Manage the entire sales organization at EquityZen, while enhancing our culture, including training and retaining existing staff, and recruiting new team-members.
- Oversee lead assignments and reassignments given to the Sales team based on client type, region, or expertise of a certain salesperson.
- Broaden and establish our sales presence in new geographical locations.
- Establish and maintain sales documentation processes while holding the Sales team accountable for proper documentation of sales efforts (Salesforce, internal systems, etc.)
- Prepare and execute EquityZen’s sales strategy including:
- Ensuring the strategy complements that of other functions and fits within the broader firm roadmap.
- Identifying, tracking, and executing on capturing market share by different segments (e.g. user-profiles institutional vs retail, geographical locations, buyers vs sellers vs issuers)
- Working with the CEO, CRO, and Finance to set measurable goals, projections, and track actuals for revenue and budget.
- Work with internal Legal, People Operations, and Finance functions to ensure a compliant, fulfilled, and productive Sales organization.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to implement product improvements (internal and external) as we scale.
- Recommend new financial products to better serve EquityZen’s customer base.
THE RIGHT STUFF:
- Series 7, Series 63 and Series 24 FINRA Licenses
- 5+ years’ of sales management experience
- 2+ years’ experience selling private placements
- Experience hiring and training sales teams
- Experience building and implementing sales playbooks
- Experience building both inbound and outbound sales teams
- Experience building sales compensation plans
- Familiarity with a three-sided marketplace (GP/LP/secondary buyer, Buyer/Seller/Issuer)
- Existing network of buyers, sellers, and issuers
- Experience with pre-IPO secondary transactions in VC-backed companies
- 2+ years working with institutional (Asset Managers, Family Offices, RIAs) and retail investors
- Experience as a contributing member of a leadership or executive team
- Experience working with Product Managers
- Experience building and managing sales teams in satellite offices
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
We are dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space in NYC’s financial district where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.