Orchard is radically simplifying the way people buy and sell their homes. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle. Orchard has reimagined the end-to-end experience of buying and selling, from innovative home search tools to find the perfect home to the ability to buy a new home before selling your current one. Orchard customers manage the entire experience through a personalized online dashboard, while also getting the support of best-in-class Orchard real estate agents.
Headquartered in New York City and with offices throughout Texas, Colorado, Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia, Orchard has over 400 employees and growing. We have raised over $130 million in equity financing from top-tier investors including Revolution, Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose. Our investors have also backed the likes of Pinterest, AirBnb, Shopify and Sweetgreen. Orchard is proud to be recognized as part of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
About the Role
Orchard is looking for a Head of Sales Operations to be responsible for sales process creation and optimization, business intelligence and reporting, strategic planning, sales compensation/incentives and serve as the key stakeholder across product and tooling enhancements and implementations. This person will collaborate with Orchard's CRO and broader senior leadership team across sales, FP&A, marketing, product, field operations and underwriting/investments
This is a full time role that will report into the CRO and will be based out of one of our existing markets excluding Colorado.
What You’ll Do Here
- Be a thought partner for the senior leadership team, leading conversations around process improvement and efficiency while making intelligent decisions which inform company strategy.
- Serve as the key sales stakeholder for all product iterations and technology implementations.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop and track all performance KPIs and extract key insights that will deliver against company performance standards and objectives.
- Be responsible for management and creation of all standard operating procedures across the sales organization.
- Partner with sales leadership to help identify key areas for process improvement that will drive greater customer experience and improve conversion efficiency.
- Oversee the sales compensation and incentive program.
- Manage the current and growing sales operations team.
- Lead change management for new products and initiatives.
- Ensure consistency across all procedures with a passion for quality control.
- Design and implement robust sales training programs across different tenures and job functions.
We’d Love to Hear From You if You Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred, but not required.
- At least 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years leading sales operations function within an entrepreneurial, high growth technology based business.
- Deep understanding of the principles and levers that drive effective sales organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities and adept at solving complex problems.
- Proven ability to build & manage high performing sales operations teams.
- History creating and managing sales compensation plans and incentives
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal). Can run processes and meetings independently
We're proud to be recognized by Glassdoor, Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes on their lists of best places to work. We also have a 4.8 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
We're currently working from home until it's safe for employees to return to the office. We anticipate returning later this year and are excited to welcome people back to our offices and see one another in person. Until then, your interviews will all happen virtually. If there is anything we can do to make your process easier, don't hesitate to let us know!
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.