Head of Sales at Betterment
Betterment for Business is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking an entrepreneurial, ambitious Head of Sales. In this role, you will be responsible for selling and leading the sales process from start to finish. You are a tech-savvy strategic seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits that will help them acquire and retain their talent. You’re adept at generating new business through outbound, inbound, and partner-driven channels selling, working effectively with executives, founders, and owners of small to midsize businesses (1-1000 employees).
As our Head of Sales you will be responsible for supporting the professional development and mentorship of team members with a focus on developing an effective sales culture. You will enable our sales organization to drive and sustain revenue growth by creating efficient systems and sales processes. You’ve always been a high performer, and you will effectively manage the team to empower them to exceed their sales targets. You have direct experience managing teams within high-growth technical environments.At Betterment you will get to:
- Partner with the GM and leadership team to set business-line and selling strategy
- Be responsible for the 401(k) sales team, driving revenue attainment for a startup within a startup
- Hire, lead, and coach a high performing team
- Set a high standard for data integrity, sales reporting and forecasting, operating within a highly data driven environment
- Work closely with marketing regarding the development and dissemination of marketing campaigns, lead generation and general industry brand awareness; inclusive of analysis
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce to accurately track selling and buying activities, pipeline velocity, client interaction and feedback and forecasting of results
- Provide “voice of client and industry” to executive management, product development and engineering to drive roadmaps
- 8+ years of direct sales experience with 4+ years direct sales management experience
- Demonstrated success selling a complex product or technology solution to firms of varying sizes (small to enterprise)
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets and building pipeline
- Experience within a high-growth SaaS startup
- Excellent coaching skills; ability to observe, evaluate, and give meaningful feedback
- A gift for creating urgency and maintaining high standards within your team
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to apply those skills to improve selling outcomes
- Experienced success in applying technology to streamline prospecting, selling and closing
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $20 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 480,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.