Head of Seller Community at Teachers Pay Teachers
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), we’re unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 85% of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, and rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive online marketplace where teachers have created more than 4 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than six million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, and parents) have accessed TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, in 2019, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you haven’t heard of TpT yet and want to learn more, just ask a teacher.
Who we are looking for:
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
We are looking for a Head of Seller Community to deepen our partnership with our Seller community and grow our business. You will lead a team of relationship managers, ops managers, and marketers who are transforming education alongside our TpT Sellers, a highly engaged, motivated, entrepreneurial group whose educational resources are used by millions of teachers every day. You will set the vision and drive forward the strategy for TpT's Seller Team and Seller Community to achieve company objectives. You will be a key stakeholder in many of the company’s top priority initiatives and will work collaboratively with leaders from Product, Marketplace Integrity, Editorial and more, as the Seller community’s support is core to TpT’s ability to meet our full set of goals and achieve our mission.
- Set the vision, strategy, and KPIs for our Seller community and our Seller Team
- Orient the team’s effort to impact, evolving our programs and initiatives to be more results-oriented
- Create effective programs and strategies that support seller adoption of new initiatives
- Continue our strong track record of relationship management, creating systems that further strengthen relationships and are more scalable and sustainable for the team
- Cultivate brand advocates and foster seller brand affinity through programs to educate & connect our community to one another
- Work cross-functionally with many teams across TpT including Product, Product Marketing, Marketing/Communications, and Marketplace Integrity
- Grow and develop your team members
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- You have a track record of success motivating a community to take action and leading a team to high impact
- You are strategic, results-oriented, and an effective operator
- You excel at communications whether you’re rolling out something new to the community, sharing the team’s work at a cross-functional meeting, or building a relationship in a 1:1 conversation
- You respect educators and have a deep commitment to empowering them
- You love your role as a people manager, investing in your team members’ growth and development
- 6+ Years of experience
- Experience in K-12 education
- Prior experience managing the seller-side of a marketplace
- Parental leave for both mothers and fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother’s Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized and celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Finally, if you’re a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here.