Head of Strategic Sales at Betterment
Betterment at Work is a 401(k) service built from the ground up with the needs of the modern employee in mind. It's selected by employers who want to offer their employees tailored and smart financial advice that will help them create a more secure future. Betterment at Work is powered by Betterment's proprietary, smart technology that automates and optimizes asset allocation to enhance financial wellness. As a fiduciary that is independent of the funds it invests in, Betterment believes that everyone has the fundamental right to expert financial advice. In addition to the core investing services, Betterment’s platform includes Betterment Everyday—Betterment’s cash management suite which offers a checking account, debit card, and high-yield account. Headquartered in New York City and created by the largest independent robo-advisor, Betterment at Work is used by leading employers like Casper. For more information, visit www.betterment.com/401k.About the Role:
Betterment at Work is an award winning 401(k) solution that works as hard for your money as you work to earn it. We are seeking an ambitious Head of Strategic Sales Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading the outbound sales process from the top of the sales funnel to the bottom of it with Bookings. You are a tech-savvy seller who is passionate about working with decision-makers to add a retirement offering to their employee benefits or transition plans from their existing provider. This position will be preferably based in NYC, where we offer hybrid working conditions, focused on generating new business and representing Betterment at Work 401k’s solutions.A Day in the Life:
- Grow, manage and mentor a team of Account Executives
- Develop and motivate the team to consistently exceed Bookings Targets
- Build a scalable outbound program in targeted verticals
- Design and implement the Outbound Sales Playbook, including all software tools, messaging and outreach methodologies
- Lead and evaluate performance metrics, deliver coaching and feedback promptly to keep individuals and team on track
- Meet and exceed Bookings team goals
- Forecasting, pipeline management, and reporting of team’s revenue and overall performance
- Ensure effective and consistent use of Salesforce
- Provide “voice of the client and industry” to marketing and product management to drive roadmaps
- Extensive sales experience working in B2B tech/SaaS sales
- Involvement with managing high performance Sales teams with expertise in the latest prospecting tools and methodologies
- Curiosity and interest for financial products and retirement planning
- A consistent track record of exceeding targets
- High energy and willingness to learn
- Self motivated and adaptable to change
- Passionate about inspiring and mentoring your team
- Ability to give and receive feedback - you will collaborate with our sales team to drive process improvements
- Experience with sales technology stack- Outreach, Salesforce- a plus
Joining Betterment means belonging to a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your well-being, and continuing on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
You’ll join a Community that Cares:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing, all occurring in a remote friendly way.
- Join one or more of our 8 Employee Resource Strategy Groups as a member or an ally, and help us shape Betterment’s culture and product for years to come.
You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- We will ensure you're set up and cared for with a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, annual gym reimbursements and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional allowance for outside learning.
- As part of a team that values knowledge sharing and transparency you can opt into mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, and show & tells.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]What Happens Next?
We expect to take a few weeks to review all applications. If we would like to spend more time with you, you will hear from us to arrange next steps. You can expect 3-4 sets of conversations, all remote, with your future colleagues in the weeks following your application.
Throughout the interview process, we’ll look to learn more about your skills, experiences, capabilities, and motivators. Many of our interview questions will be behavioral, aimed at understanding how you might operate here at Betterment. We may ask you to complete a case study exercise or technical assessments, depending on the role, as we aim to collect a robust set of data points throughout the interview process.
On average, it takes us around 3 - 4 weeks to complete the interview process. As a best practice, we aim to interview at least 3 final round candidates before making a hiring decision.
Please note that we’re unable to offer individual feedback during the interview process. We usually see 1,000+ applications for open positions, and our hiring team simply doesn’t have the bandwidth to offer personalized feedback to each candidate.
We recognize that interviewing for a new role is a big deal. We appreciate you giving us consideration as the next step in your career. Our Recruiting Team is here to support and advocate for you through the interview process, so please let us know how we can help.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.#LI-Remote #BI-Remote