Homebuilder New Sales Manager at Orchard
Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 200+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
About the role
You will be responsible for cultivating new partnerships with both local and national homebuilders. As a quota carrying individual, you will own the sales process from start to finish, driving top of funnel interest and closing valuable new partnerships. A great candidate for this position enjoys building new relationships, and thinking creatively about how to influence large organizations. You must be friendly, organized, and relatable with a proven ability to build trust-based relationships.
This is a full time role that will report into the Manager of Business Development and be based out of either our New York or Austin office. We will consider other, remote locations, for the right candidate.
What you’ll do here
- Develop new homebuilder partnerships in existing and new markets
- Spearhead the launch of new partnerships, and collaborate with Homebuilder Partnership Managers for ongoing account management
- Collaborate with local market leaders to identify business opportunities and drive adoption of Orchard’s homebuilder partnership program
- Be comfortable working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Be a champion for Orchard throughout the housing industry!
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 3+ years in sales, business / corporate development, or management consulting
- Track record of success in quota driven roles
- An entrepreneurial mindset: drive to deliver results and strong worth ethic
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior employment at early/growth stage company strongly preferred
- Real estate experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Personally lives Orchard’s value of “Mission before team. Team before self.”
- Ability to travel as needed (when it is safe and recommended to do so)
We're proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine, Fast Company and Forbes as one of the best workplaces of 2020. We also have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating! Orchard is building the first one-stop-shop in real estate and we’re bringing together the most innovative professionals across real estate, business, marketing, technology and design. We also have some pretty great perks:
- Equity participation
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 18 weeks of paid family leave
- Employee discount on Orchard’s services
Orchard is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.