Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, and over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
Common is growing rapidly and expanding into multiple new cities in 2019. We are looking for ambitious, self-motivated business people to be the next generation of employees turning housing into a consumer-focused industry. This is an entry-level position with strong career development and the opportunity for rapid promotion into senior sales, member services, and real estate roles.
We currently have a steady influx of Inbound leads coming in daily, via numerous marketing channels. You will respond to and qualify leads as the first point of contact for prospective members looking to join one of our new or existing homes.This role reports to the Inside Sales Manager.
- First point of contact for prospective members looking to join our new or existing homes
- Respond to inbound leads, qualifying their interest and fit against our available inventory
- Become an expert on our portfolio of homes and services
- Track key metrics such as throughput, conversion rates and room inventory velocity
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Member Services, Digital Product, Legal and Finance teams to build processes, tools and systems that scale
- Conduct 3D and Virtual tours through our homes with opportunities.
- Own the sales cycle
- You have 1-2 years of sales experience, preferably in a role where you were responsible for the entire sales cycle
- You are comfortable selling over the phone, on video calls, or in person
- You are comfortable working in environments where you don't have specific directions are able to take initiative and carve out a path to success for yourself
- You have demonstrated emotional intelligence and can tailor our message to respond to prospect’s specific circumstances
- You will be able to demonstrate both a consultative and aggressive selling style if need be, and can tailor our value to respond to prospect’s specific pain points and challenges.
- Your schedule is flexible and will be willing to work weekends and evenings if need be.
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees and wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy and professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable and valuable health and wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD Insurance, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave (up to 16 weeks!) and a 401K. Additional benefits such as Company equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + weekly happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, flexible working hours, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.