Insurance Sales Director
Reports to: CEO
Location: New York, NY
Help shape the future of how people experience the digital world. You’ll be at the forefront of an exciting shift in how companies use mobile data to attract, authenticate and engage their customers. And you’ll be doing it all from our open-concept NoMad office stocked with plenty of snack, a gourmet coffee machine and a fridge full of cold brews and vino for our team to enjoy.
We’re actively looking to add exceptional people to our team who align with how we envision ourselves culturally and professionally. As a lens to how outsiders see Payfone, you will represent a team of people who love what they do and who they work with.
We’re looking for someone to lead the sales of our insurance vertical (commercial and personal lines underwriters, life insurance, life and annuity, and retirement products). This person must have a strong list of insurance contacts and experience selling enterprise software solutions. The Insurance Sales Director will conduct research that will lead to the definition of the best go-to-market strategy. You must be able to construct compelling value propositions aimed at potential clients in the insurance market and translate that strategy into sales. The director will eventually hire and train a team to support insurance sales.
This role will be critical to the company goals and objectives and will be responsible for delivering on aggressive sales quotas.
As a key member of the Sales team, the Insurance Sales Director will:
- Identify insurance market trends by conducting surveys, one-on-one interviews, focus groups, etc.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses to identify opportunities for Payfone’s expansion into the insurance market.
- Make recommendations for insurance market penetration based on research findings.
- Create strategic development plans, including active sales pipeline and implementation, to build new, profitable insurance business.
- Track and report progress with implementation of strategic plan, customer budgets and ongoing forecasts.
- Manage business deals from negotiation to close.
- Routinely meet or exceed sales quotas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Experience selling enterprise level software solutions to insurance companies such as commercial and personal lines underwriters, life insurance, life and annuity and retirement products is required.
- Verifiable track record of generating revenue at InsurTech startups with high touch, sales cycles.
- Strong knowledge of methods for setting and measuring achievable sales goals.
- Proficiency in Salesforce CRM.
- Experience with lead development, pipeline management and closing deals.
A compensation package composed of a base salary, commission, and equity component will be structured to attract a uniquely qualified candidate. Excellent health benefits are included.
In today’s business world, a few bad actors can force businesses to treat all customers with suspicion. This leads to client and employee frustration, higher operating costs and lower revenue.
Payfone delivers seamless, non-intrusive verification using each mobile phone’s inherent identity to provide top-tier protection for businesses and their customers.
Remove friction and drive user engagement with Payfone Instant Trust. It’s the best way to enhance the customer experience while lowering risk, friction and fraud.
This position description should not be considered the final description of the position. It should be assumed that we would, to some extent, structure responsibilities in accordance with the successful candidate’s capabilities and changing business conditions.
Payfone is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people regardless of race, color, religion, gender or sexual orientation, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, veteran status or other personal characteristics.
No employment sponsorship will be provided.