IoT Pre Sales Engineer at Oden Technologies
We are on the brink of the next industrial revolution.
Manufacturing has long been an analog world, but this is about to change. By introducing machines to the digital world, there’s a staggering opportunity for efficiency and production leaps. Oden is driving this revolution. We’re on a mission to eliminate waste in manufacturing.
We have combined industrial hardware, wireless connectivity, and big data architecture into one simple platform so all manufacturers can analyze and optimize their production, from any device. Efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness are democratized.
Why We Do It:
We like to enable those who make things - to make more, to waste less, to serve their customers, and to thrive in a competitive world. Help enough makers, and the world can give us all the abundance we want for less cost and environmental impact. We’re on the verge of a 4th industrial revolution that begs for absolute efficiency in all factors of life. We plan to deliver that to everyone who makes things. Oden's Culture of Empowerment and Impact
- Care about the mission of the product and company.
- Are able to empathize with others and distill a mission into communications and strategic campaigns.
- Have a curious mind and excited about learning more about the industrial world and manufacturing.
- Innovative. You are not afraid to tackle new projects and take creative risks.
- Live by transparent and scientific thinking. You put in the work to find the best ideas with those around you, without ego.
As a Pre-sales Engineer, you will be responsible for all technical engagements with our prospective customers, including demos, create prospect specifics, reference architecture, implementation and support framework. A successful Sales Engineer would be a domain expert on various IoT products such as sensors, devices, wireless communication, cloud services and building management systems.
- Develop a deep understanding and working knowledge of Oden’s platform and functional domain, including the underlying technology, in order to derive the value proposition and deliver product demonstrations to senior executives, prospective customers, and trade show attendees
- Provide support to prospects’ questions about our product, servicing, and other technical aspects of the platform
- Work closely with prospective customers to set up, maintain and support a successful pilot period
- Partner with the Sales, Technology, Customer Success, and Deployment teams to gather and interpret requirements in order to create proposals and preliminary project plans, which include high level solution and implementation designs for prospective clients
- Develop and maintain data transfer processes for the purposes of facilitating custom demonstrations to prospective clients
- Present technical integration capabilities to prospective customers with the goal of establishing a baseline understanding of API based integrations using different API frameworks
- Heavily engaging with and updating all research, communication and market intelligence in Salesforce
- Assist the Account Executive team to analyze customer needs, use-cases, process constraints, time-lines, perform gap analysis and support them to qualify the projects and manage expectations to support pricing and the value-proposition
- Assist account executive team to prepare and negotiate technical integration with the customer the operational and functional description of the solution, including quantified performance levels, related budgets, requirements and expectations
- Assist project delivery teams in detailed design of the solution
- Develop technical assets specification document
- Benchmark competitive solutions to support product differentiation
- Become the subject matter expert on solution design, develop training, and conduct webinars
- 5+ years of Enterprise Sales/Solutions Engineering
- Track record of successfully selling SaaS technology to large enterprises; manufacturing experience a plus
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment with high attention to quality
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for and understanding of new technology
- Self-starter with the energy, drive, and determination to accomplish goals
- Currently living in New York or willing to relocate
What We Offer You:
- Measurable impact on the world and the chance to help real people - family businesses, entrepreneurs, engineers.
- Exposure to many tech disciplines, most of which are rapidly evolving.
- A bridge between the physical and cloud worlds of tech. Our platform unites big data visualizations with sensors and heavy industrial equipment.
- A platform that has the potential to evolve beyond what we have envisioned now.
- Scientific and transparent thinking, for everyone involved.
- Backing by world leaders of both industry and tech that will ensure long term growth and development for us.
We’re an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Diversity at Oden means building a team that is rich across all boundaries of race, ethnicity, gender identification, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age and thinking style. We welcome all backgrounds, life experiences, and worldviews as this is the catalyst for the rapid evolution of our product and our organization. Diversity allows us to tackle new challenges, embrace change, make well-informed decisions, and ultimately Make Things Better. In alignment with our “People First” company value, Oden has a passionate internal team dedicated to the promotion of diversity and inclusion initiatives as a core component of our culture.
Our diversity initiatives apply to our practices and policies on recruiting, compensation and benefits; professional development; promotions; social activities and the ongoing development of a psychologically safe work environment.