ISV Partner Manager at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
Due to significant growth, we are seeking an energetic professional for our Alliances team. Reporting to the Senior Director of Channels, the ISV Partner Manager will be responsible for identifying, securing, onboarding and nurturing relationships within Salesforce’s ISV partner ecosystem. This role will be responsible for new partnership development and existing partner management.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with platform, Cloud, and industry ISVs, deep analytical and business strategy acumen, and a successful track record of forging long lasting partnerships. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, strategic and detailed-oriented individual to drive our Channel initiatives.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Establish and deepen key relationships at ISV partners across sales, customer success and solution engineering as well as senior leadership
- Develop strategic account and opportunity targets, working closely with OwnBackup’s sales teams to drive partner engagement co-sales
- Develop and drive lead-generating and field marketing programs and activities by working closely with OwnBackup’s marketing team
- Educate partner AEs, SEs, and VPs to easily understand and articulate OwnBackup’s value proposition to joint prospects and customers
- Educate internal OwnBackup AEs, SEs, and VPs to easily understand and articulate partner value proposition to joint prospects and customers when relevant
- Lead driving execution of events and campaign alongside partners, with support of the OwnBackup marketing team
- Take an active role in managing and participating in activities that align and connect the internal OwnBackup team to the relevant partner resources and teams
- Contribute to and participate in regular partner business reviews with partner executives
- Actively evaluate and identify areas of improvement with a data driven approach, and execute improvement plans
- Identify joint business development opportunities and appropriately leverage internal OwnBackup resources and teams
- Support the Channels and the broader OwnBackup Alliances team in GTM and Strategic initiatives
- Outstanding track record in business development, with strong selling skills
- Minimum 5+ years demonstrated success in partner sales/ management in enterprise software and business development
- Proven ability to structure proposals and build joint business plans with partners and or enterprise sales teams
- Knowledge of enterprise software apps, SaaS and cloud computing
- Strong program and project management skills, ability to direct cross-functional processes and teams
- Proven ability to open doors, network and forge relationships
- Excellent listening, communication, presentation, problem solving, and time management skills with a record of sound business logic
- Enthusiasm, energy, creativity and drive; Proven self-starter, comfortable working in a very independent manner
- Experience with Salesforce (or Salesforce’s ecosystem) is a strong plus
- Global role supporting different regions – 35-40% travel may be required
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.