ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, and scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether that’s working with agencies and clients directly, seeking out partnerships to drive incremental revenue alongside top of the funnel growth, or contributing to the growth and efficiency of our pre and post-sales operations.
We’re seeking an energetic Jr. seller who is ready to jump in, think outside of the box, and get creative with branded partnerships and native ad campaigns. theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing the direct impact of their work, whether that’s through leveraging your own agency connections or pounding the pavement and introducing theSkimm to a wide suite of brands and advertisers. This is not a typical sales role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, and we develop creative and timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our audience without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice and brand. Reporting to the Manager of Branded Partnership in NYC, you'll be part of our growing sales team, responsible for helping us build upon and establish relationships with both direct advertisers and agencies.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Prospect and sell fee-based brand partnerships and native ad campaigns into agencies and clients directly
- Manage your own RFP process and work with our teams to create marketing plans that include, but are not limited to: native digital content, audio and video ad integrations, social media and event sponsorships
- Forecast, track and report on sales performance, meeting quarterly targets set by management
- Work closely with Skimm’rs across the company, including Client Services, Marketing, Analytics, Content and Editorial
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Ideally 1-3 years of digital or integrated media sales experience OR 3-5 years in advertising sales (planning, account management etc.)
- Past agency experience is a plus
- Also ideal: experience meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Thorough understanding of the RFP process and digital media operations
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Creativity is also a must.
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, and the utility we offer our audience
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Existing relationships and contacts with marquee media agencies and brands
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and energetic
- Highly organized and motivated self-starter who is ready to hit the ground running
- Team player with a positive, problem solving attitude
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.