Insurance Sales at Policygenius…
Do you take pride in delivering an awesome experience for customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a rapidly growing team and help build the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance? Then come join the Sales team at Policygenius!
Our sales team thrives on collaboration, creative competitions, and thoughtful communication with customers as we drive a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based. With high earnings potential for our top performers (annualized OTE of $80-120K after training) and an incredibly collaborative environment, this team is perfect for someone who is competitive but eager to have a supportive team around them.
We are currently hiring for our Durham, NC office as well as remotely in Arizona and Washington states, if you are not located in these areas, we still encourage you to apply as we will be hiring for other locations in the future and may reach back out to you about your candidacy and future interest.
In this role, you will…
- Get on the phone and serve as the first point of contact for prospective customers
- Demystify the industry jargon and make life insurance easy to understand
- Use a consultative sales approach to guide customers through the application process
- Work closely with sales teammates to solve complex client problems
- Continuously improve your performance in a metrics-driven environment, directly impacting your earnings
- Have access to consistent 1:1 coaching, ongoing learning and development opportunities, and mentorship
- Ensure prospective customers receive unparalleled service
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have experience in a high-volume, fast paced role, bonus points if you have prior experience in a dialer-based role, the insurance industry, or in sales!
- You are self-motivated, ambitious, and excited to start your career in sales
- You’re eager to find yourself among a diverse group of competitive peers, always learning from each other
- You have a will to succeed in a target-driven environment, with substantial incentives based on various KPIs
- You work well with others, solving problems on the fly using Slack, Zoom, Five9 and other communication methods
- Your family and friends would describe you as a natural conversationalist - you keep the conversation flowing and are a pleasure for our clients to speak to!
- You welcome any and all feedback - you’re looking to improve your skills, and recognize the value of hands-on managers who care deeply about your growth
- You are open to working some weekends and evenings - since we're all remote for now these shifts would be from the comfort of your home!
- You appreciate the value of a well-placed gif!
You can expect...
- High earning potential - annualized OTE of $80,000-120,000 (after training)! Our existing group of top performers are a mix of tenures and experience levels, so anyone can make it to the top
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius transforms the insurance journey for today’s consumer, providing a one-stop platform where customers can compare options from top insurance companies, get unbiased expert advice, buy policies, and manage their insurance portfolio, all in one seamless, integrated experience. Since 2014, our content, digital tools, and experts have served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journey, and we have sold more than $120 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, which brought our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Even with our rapid growth, we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we’re looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!