Property & Casualty Insurance at Policygenius...
Are you looking for the chance to make a huge impact on a growing startup with a mission to help thousands, potentially millions of people? We’re looking for a Junior Sales Associate to be on the front lines of our growing Property & Casualty team, which is transforming an industry traditionally known for being old-school and paper-based! This role will support our Sales team by ensuring that every client has a seamless experience getting the coverage that they need, all while feeling good about it! This is a unique opportunity to be a member of a rapidly growing team that is going from 0 to 100 real quick in our Durham headquarters!
In this role, you will…
- Gain exposure to auto & home insurance with an opportunity to obtain a Property & Casualty license (don’t worry, we foot the bill!)
- Play a major role in influencing initiatives, team workflows, and the scope of this role as it evolves
- Coordinate with our Quoting team to gather initial recommendations and serve as point of contact for our clients after they’ve been sent
- Support our Sales Associates by scheduling consultations with clients
- Finalize & make modifications to policy recommendations
- Triage inbound phone calls to appropriate teammates
- Contribute to our amazing culture and camaraderie on our fast-paced team
We'd love to hear from you if…
- You have 1+ year of sales/service work experience (Bachelor’s degree preferred) with an interest in learning about Property & Casualty insurance products
- You possess a customer-first mindset, superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, and effective problem-solving skills
- You’re able to communicate consistently, precisely and professionally, both verbally and written, with internal and external customers alike
- You can quickly adapt to new technology and processes and navigate multiple systems simultaneously
- You’re focused on honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- A salaried role (no competitive commissions here!) and company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- A custom-designed office in downtown Durham’s new 555 Mangum office space
- FUN, diverse, open-minded coworkers!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!