Launcher at Eden
About Managed by Q:
Managed by Q is the workplace management platform. We help the world’s leading companies build, design, staff, and manage their workplaces. By connecting office operations teams to dedicated workplace experts and top commercial service providers, Managed by Q enables companies to create inspiring offices and deliver a great workplace experience for their teams.
Managed by Q was founded in 2014 with a vision of changing how we interact with our workspaces. Today, our team helps thousands of companies nationwide operate their offices and create an environment that inspires their teams’ best work. Empowering others and building diverse and inclusive teams are core to Managed by Q’s mission. We are committed to creating good jobs, helping small businesses grow, and enabling companies to focus on what they do best. Managed by Q is headquartered in New York, with offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, and Boston. Managed by Q is backed by the We Company, after successfully being acquired in 2019. If you have a love of learning, are drawn to hard problems, and want to spread opportunity within your community, we’d love to meet you.
About the role:
If you’re looking for an opportunity of a lifetime – Q’s expansion team is looking for motivated, ambitious sales professionals to join the front lines of our team.
Market Launchers are tasked with one of the most exhilarating – and challenging – roles at Q: to go into a new market and stand up Managed by Q’s business in a very short period of time. This is a heavily sales-focused role (we expect at least 75% of your time to be spent in traditional sales activities), but it also involves a lot of general management. In partnership with the expansion operations team, you will define the local market vendor requirements and help onboard vendors. You will serve as the face of Managed by Q in your market with vendor partners, strategic partners, prospective clients and clients. You will solve any issues that arise in your city. You will also define marketing and branding activities, oftentimes leading execution of these strategies in-market. Almost nothing is off-limits and you should be prepared to take full accountability for the success of the market.
- You’re a hustler. Some days you’ll work late and some days you’ll work early…whatever it takes to hit your goals
- “I’m a people person” is an understatement. You own the room when you walk in – and leave with new connections. Being a strong communicator is first nature and you believe you were born to be the voice (and face) of Managed by Q
- You dream big, get people excited, and make things happen
- You are able to spend approximately 50% of your time in-market (no relocation required)
- You’re execution-oriented and a creative problem solver, able to think on your feet as needed to move forward
- You lean in to ambiguity and thrive in fast-paced environments
- You’re comfortable with getting in the weeds - no task is too small
- You’re excited about or have direct experience working on launching new markets
- Explore, identify and evaluate strategic growth opportunities
- Lead sales demos and meetings to activate clients
- Understand the competitive landscape
- Develop and execute marketing strategies to build brand awareness for Q in your city
- Lead customer development activities (events, networking) to increase Q presence
- Coach two SDRs that are dedicated to your market and provide them with clear strategic guidance for targeting and positioning of Q in the market
- Collaborate with the operations team to understand and maintain a pulse on operational hurdles and customer experience while implementing growth initiatives
- 4+ years of sales experience with a strong track record of overperforming sales goals
- Experience coaching/managing more junior sales talent
- Additional experience in operational or general management roles is preferable
- Proven ability to collaborate well with other departments and influence other stakeholders
- Experience with campaign marketing tools a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Salesforce proficiency
- Experience in a high growth technology startup strongly preferred
Perks & Benefits
In addition to offering world-class health benefits, 401(k) matching, parental leave, and highly competitive compensation, Managed by Q also offers a work culture of psychological safety, transparency, and continuous learning. We have an Employee Resource Group, which leads the charge on wellness and inclusion initiatives, and host an annual all-company Hack Day (not just for tech folks). Every other week, all 165 employees get together over catered lunch to build bridges between teams, and monthly, one of MbQ's people leaders hosts a workshop for managers focused on effective leadership. As the newest member of the We Company, Managed by Q looks forward to expanding our perks even further.