Lead, Business Development Platform Strategy at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we build relationships, are on the front lines of all critical customer service issues, and help manage the customer lifecycle through pivotal stages in their Gemini journey. Whether it’s identifying new key institutional clients or servicing a retail customer’s needs, our goal is the same: deliver for our customers no matter what.
The Role: Business Development Platform Strategy
This role will help shape and grow Gemini business development efforts across the institutional platform, enhancing client interactions, expanding product offerings, developing and delivering on the team’s strategy. This role will work with every function across the firm, experience a wide variety of applications, and make a major impact on Gemini's exciting future.
This role reports directly to the Business Development Principal, reporting to the Global Head of Business Development.
- Create, own, and execute on a long-term platform strategy for Business Development.
- Support all client relationships across all Institutional verticals through both platform-wide and vertical-specific initiatives.
- The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, involving all relevant stakeholders, analyzing initiatives from various perspectives, and ensuring prioritization and resource allocations for critical initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any quantitative discipline (such as Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Operational Research, Computer Science, etc.) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in project management, strategy, consulting, or similar areas.
- Experience working within or alongside sales/business development teams, product managers, developers, data researchers, or similar functions; ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Clear demonstration of leadership and entrepreneurship.
- Ability to manage a large number of stakeholders for concurrent, large initiatives.
- Proven ability to balance short term deliverables while maintaining a long-term view of how client-driven solutions need to evolve over time to serve the needs of a growing platform.
- Coachable, with an ability to thrive in ambiguous environments and be the driving force behind the execution team to build new or better products and services.
- Solid organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail.
- Experience leading progressively complex, cross-functional projects involving business & technical domains.
- Affinity for teamwork-oriented culture and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves.
- Superb verbal and written communication skills across various functions/teams/levels.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced, ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in fast paced start-up environments or high-growth teams/groups.
- Experience working within the financial industry.
- Basic to moderate understanding of financial markets, exchanges, and/or cryptocurrency.
- Experience working with Product Development teams consisting of UX, Design, Frontend, back-end, mobile, and infrastructure.
- Experience working with Security, Compliance, Legal, Data Science, Marketing, and other general business functions.
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.