Renting has always been an expensive and inconvenient process for tenants and time-consuming and uncertain for landlords. These rising challenges inspired the creation of REZI, with a mission to make housing more accessible financially without the bias and time commitment of the past. We are building proprietary technology and financial tools to transform the inefficient urban home rental industry with a foundational goal to provide a stellar client experience. Founded in 2016, REZI is an ambitious Y-Combinator backed startup with prominent VC support.
So What Does a Leasing Consultant do at REZI?
The Leasing Consultant's primary responsibility is to ensure prospective REZI tenants have an exceptional experience viewing and leasing REZI properties. The Leasing Associate is often the first contact with prospective tenants – positive first impressions are very important. Responsibilities of the Leasing Consultant also include touring REZI properties regularly, providing marketing brochures and information, explaining property features, maintaining a professional relationship with existing tenants and property management teams, and communicating opportunities for property improvement to REZI management. By marketing the value of the REZI platform, the Leasing Consultant plays a critical role in driving business growth and achieving REZI’s mission to transform the real estate industry. The position includes an exciting opportunity to work cross-functionally with the Real Estate, Technology, Legal, and Finance teams, learning many nuances of the business and technology.
Success in this role is positively influenced by a strong understanding of the nuances of New York City. This is a trusted advisor position that requires a strong sales mindset – positive interpersonal skills, enthusiastic communication, efficient time management, flexibility, meeting KPI goals, and ability to close are important traits. Weekend availability is frequently necessary. This is a contract hourly position with potential for full time conversion and earned associated benefits.
What you will do here:
- Communicate and coordinate client showings at available REZI rental properties with tenants to arrange and conduct viewing appointments
- Evaluate, understand, and associate the needs of each client with available property inventory
- Maintain high degree of discretion with property security and client privacy
- Communicate REZI’s value propositions, differentiators, and digital rental application process to motivate prospective tenants move forward with signing a lease
- Provide highly attentive service to clients to ensure a high-quality experience, and meet application, NPS, and conversion goals
- Provide daily status reports with leadership while modeling standards of service and procedures to motivate and help teammates grow professionally as well as meet or exceed KPI’s
- Support the Director of Portfolio Operations in regularly assessing the team quality and team function to recommend and implement improvements
We would love to hear from you if you:
- 3+ year of experience in a customer or client facing role: retail, customer service, account management, or sales experience preferred
- Knowledge, ability, and tenacity to successfully convert prospects into satisfied customers
- Bias towards self-directed problem solving and process improvement; motivated by spontaneity in creative execution with a positive outlook for clients
- Polished communication skills — active listener with a customer centric mindset
- Agility in balancing and coordinating a highly dynamic schedule of demands
- Demonstrable leadership experience with sound judgement and conduct that inspires
Our Perks & Benefits
We're on a mission and we're a team that works hard, so we believe in making sure that the needs of our employees are not only met but are always top of mind, here's a peek:
- Paid holidays
- Flexible unpaid Vacation time - everyone deserves R&R on their schedule
- Weekly Happy Hours
- Quarterly team events - including bowling, ping pong tourneys, karaoke, BBQs
Does this sound like you? Apply through our career page and our Talent team will be touch shortly! And, remember: Rent better.
REZI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable law. Applicants with disabilities who require accommodation should contact [email protected] We are committed to diversity in all forms and encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply. At REZI, with minority founders, we view diversity as a competitive differentiator and a strategic imperative.
*third party agencies, please do not contact about this position. Thank you.