We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. A few years later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87M in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
Codecademy for Business is a fast-growing business-to-business product that has over 500 paying customers including companies like Spotify, Lyft, and IBM. As a Manager, Account Services, you’ll join a fast-paced team that is rethinking how organizations provide employees the tools and content they need to reach their highest potential. We’re customer-obsessed, and we know that listening to our customers is critical to shaping our B2B product vision. In this role, you’ll lead a team of Account Managers (focused on account growth) and Customer Success Managers (focused on client experience and onboarding).
If you’re an experienced manager who is passionate about building long-term relationships with clients, willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done, and value the opportunity to play a significant role in an expanding business, join us!WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Build and manage a sales-driven Account Services team tasked with customer satisfaction, renewals, and driving upsells
- Forecast renewal and upsell volume and report on KPIs and targets to leadership
- Work with leadership to develop the long-term vision and strategy for the Account Services team
- Own customer success and onboarding, including defining and optimizing the customer onboarding experience, business reviews, and customer support
- Consult clients by deeply understanding core product use cases and actionable digital insights to help drive client and business KPIs
- Hire, train, and continuously coach the team in developing consultative and solution-based skills through all facets of the sales cycle for existing customers
- Work closely with the Technical Solutions and Partnerships teams to drive product adoption
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally across Sales, Product, and Marketing to help shape Codecademy’s products and solutions to meet customer needs
- Maintain CRM data and pipeline within Hubspot
- 8+ years of client-facing experience working with a digital B2B product as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, or Account Executive
- 2+ years of experience managing and training a team
- Track record of high performance driving renewal and sales metrics with existing customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, organization and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and thrive in fluid, fast-paced, dynamic, and scaling environments
- Experience working cross functionally with Sales, Product, and Marketing to develop and execute growth strategies
- Experience with CRMs like Hubspot or Salesforce
- Ability to understand and articulate technical concepts, and translate them into industry- or business-relevant terms
- A strong sense of urgency and belief in accountability
- Customer-obsessed, with a passion for serving clients with new technology products
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company
- Prior experience in ed-tech
- Prior experience developing and operationalizing a new team
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.