Manager, Business Development, Ad Tech
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 13 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this Position:
Foursquare is seeking a business development / strategic partnerships professional to expand our existing relationships and build new ones with a specific focus on partners and growth within media and ad tech. This position will report to the Managing Director of Global Partnerships and be the key liaison for business partners in the ad tech and data space. These relationships will be the foundation of the growth of Foursquare’s self-service data segments business, and this position will be key in ensuring organization and seamless execution of the range of tasks and responsibilities.
This candidate should know the advertising technology landscape inside and out as they will be leveraging Foursquare’s technology and data strategically to align with companies and agencies and their data buyers. He or she must have experience building and maintaining business relationships and structuring large, strategic deals that help mutually grow business. The Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Ad Tech should have a strong knowledge of mobile data and services and will lead deals with the world’s largest consumer/tech companies and top brands to integrate with Foursquare’s platform.
This position will be the key liaison for business partners that include publishers and technology companies. This person will be key in ensuring organized and seamless execution across a range of tasks and responsibilities. Personability, attention to detail, and self-motivation will be key skills needed to succeed and grow in this role.
- Lead the partnership and deal process, managing each step from strategy/planning, pipeline development, prospecting, outreach, terms negotiation, contract drafting and negotiation, and implementation
- Research new partners and solutions and stay up on the latest technology/data industry news
- Evaluate new initiatives, opportunities and deals for strategic alignment and bring new Foursquare innovations to market
- Identify, target and close appropriate data partnerships across a range of tech, media companies and agencies.
- Build and maintain senior relationships at emerging ad tech and data companies
- Lead the legal review process, working with Foursquare’s legal team and the partner to edit and execute deals
- Partner and collaborate with product and engineering teams to scope, plan, and execute integrations and product developments
- Work alongside product marketing to roll out internal and external collateral, education, and sales strategy for new offerings
- Become an expert on Foursquare’s data and capabilities to assist in internal education and external SME on partnerships and product offerings
- Develop strong internal relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the business, legal, product, sales, and engineering organizations
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Previous business development and/or strategic partnership experience
- Knowledge of the programmatic, mobile, and location ecosystem
- 5-7 years of experience within adtech/mobile/location/data space
- Previous experience with legal contracts is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.