Manager of Business Development at Orchard
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:42 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 19, 2019
Perch is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it all, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy.
Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Perch offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions -- the sale and purchase of a home –so stress free, fair and simple that people cannot imagine any other way.
Perch is headquartered in New York City and has 100+ employees in New York and Texas. We have raised $250+ million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice and Juxtapose.
You will be responsible for cultivating local / national partnerships, and launching new revenue driving initiatives. Located in either Austin, TX or New York City and reporting to the Head of Business Development, you will engage with a diverse set of constituents in the real estate ecosystem - including technology and service providers, real estate agents, and property investment companies - to deliver innovative solutions that help Perch serve home buyers and sellers more effectively. You’ll also collaborate with Perch’s many teams (including Product, Field Operations, Customer Experience and Brokerage).
The ideal candidate for this role is motivated by more than “inking” a deal. As part of a small and growing team, you’ll have the opportunity to build business cases, explore and prioritize operating approaches, and ultimately launch and manage new revenue lines for Perch. A true entrepreneur, this person is excited about carrying partnerships from wacky idea through scaling.
We’re looking for dynamic team players who can wear multiple hats. Title is dependent on individual's experience level
- Spearhead end-to-end programs, including strategy development, piloting, execution, measurement, and advocacy
- Collaborate with local market leaders to identify business concepts and drive adoption of emerging programs
- Source and negotiate new relationships to deliver value across Perch’s business units
- Be comfortable working in the ambiguity and shifting priorities that come with an early stage startup
- Be a champion for Perch throughout the housing industry!
- 5+ years in sales, business / corporate development, or management consulting
- Track record of success in quota driven roles
- Experience managing complex, long-term partner initiatives
- Prior employment at early/growth stage company strongly preferred
- Real estate experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Personal characteristics and skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset: drive to deliver results and strong worth ethic
- Superior analytical skills and attention to detail; data-driven mentality
- Exceptional organizational skills with ability to prioritize work based on business and operational need
- High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excels at cross-functional teamwork & communication
- Low ego
- Ability to travel as needed (1-2x per month)
Read Full Job Description