Manager, Business Development
As a Business Development Manager, you will play a vital role in crafting and executing the go to market of an innovative and mission-driven enterprise solution. Your goal will be to drive top of the funnel awareness to StrongArm Tech’s award-winning FUSE Platform and work to turn engaged and relevant prospects into customers. You will be a key player in deploying technology which has the potential to improve the lives of millions of workers.
In this role, you will have to be adaptive, innovative and strategic. Some days will require you to be on-site interfacing with key enterprise decision-makers, other days will require you to craft messaging and work with marketing to deploy a new use case, while other days will have you planning sales and partnership strategies. Like any good opportunity at a scaling company, this role will ask you to take on a lot of different challenges. At the same time, this role will give you ample opportunities to succeed and grow with the role and the organization.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a sales, marketing, consulting, or finance background. Strong presentation skills are a must, from the ability to craft a sales narrative down to the ability to deliver that narrative to a room full of C Level executives. The ideal candidate must be a results-driven worker who can battle through the ups and downs of a growing company, who wakes up with an extra jump in their step towards the end of the quarter, and who gets genuinely excited about conversion metrics.
Outbound Business Expansion
- Drive outbound business development activity for a scaling tech company
- Travel to industry conferences and corporate innovation days
- Find and connect with strategic industry groups and networks
Use Case Curation and Narrative Creation
- Take FUSE success stories and value propositions and envision the marketing collateral that needs to be built on them
- Inform product development cycle based on in-field experiences
Close “Proof of Concepts” and Grow Accounts
- Ability to lead presentations and sales calls that impress the most seasoned of prospects
- Network bottom up and top down within Fortune 500 companies
- Manage a sales cycle and analyze the process for continuous improvement in velocity
- Collaborate with StrongArm’s Client team as accounts go from prospect to customer
KEY REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience in sales, marketing, consulting or financial services
- Strong understanding of the U.S. retail supply chains and / or CPG industry is desired.
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier institution
- Strong presentation skills and storytelling ability
- Relationship driven seller
- Excellent problem-solving skills with proven ability to inspire others to find creative solutions to challenging situations.
- Self-directed, yet strong team player. Able to learn new hardware quickly and teach others to implement.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Proficiency in with Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with SalesForce is a big plus
- Desire to grow, learn, and expand responsibilities within the Business Development team in a fast-paced start-up environment
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.