Manager, Deal Originations at TrialSpark (Greater NYC Area, NY)
TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the Position
Include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the Head of Investments, the Manager of Deal Originations will develop and lead the strategy to proactively source investment opportunities and high potential customers for TrialSpark’s contract research business
- Develop and maintain a network of business development executives, investment bankers and other intermediaries to support deal originations strategy
- Produce marketing material to support business development and deal originations initiatives
- Primary responsibility for developing and maintaining the content on the TrialSpark Investments website and other social media outlets
- Attend scientific, medical, business development and broker conferences to identify investment and asset licensing opportunities
- Document and communicate sourcing activities internally to ensure that the TrialSpark team communicates with one voice to all external parties
- Must have 2 to 5 years of sales or sales-support experience at a pharmaceutical or healthcare company
- Familiarity with the stages of the drug development process, including discovery research, lead selection and optimization, preclinical testing, clinical trial design and clinical trial execution
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively internally and externally
- Significant experience with PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with other members of the business development team and thrive in a fast-paced and highly self-motivated professional culture
- Strong work ethic
- Team player
- Organized and detail-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to multitask
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.