Manager, Life Sciences Partnerships
Flatiron Research was founded in 2014 with the goal of serving cancer patients by accelerating research. We believe that existing clinical research paradigms are ill-equipped to answer the research questions that face drug developers, academic researchers, and regulators in the oncology space today. By focusing on technology solutions that can be deployed widely across the Flatiron network of providers, Flatiron Research has the opportunity to generate insights that were previously impossible.
Today, Flatiron Research is focused on innovating in the Real-World Evidence (RWE) and Clinical Trials space. Our technology-first approach has allowed us to build RWE data sets with higher quality, accuracy, recency, and scale than any other cancer data that is available. We have active partnerships with top-tier academic medical centers, 13 of the top 14 oncology biopharma companies, the FDA, and most recently the NCI, all focused on using data to accelerate the research and treatment of cancer. The Life Sciences Partnerships team supports our biopharma partners in advancing their research priorities using Flatiron Research offerings.
This team is looking for individuals with a deep understanding of the healthcare industry, an analytical approach to problem solving, and client management and organizational skills who is highly motivated by being part of a cross-functional team focused on transformational change in the area of cancer research.
- Closely partner with Principals on the Life Sciences Partnerships team to build long term partnerships with our biopharma partners, as well as other strategic collaborators (e.g., government / regulatory, advocacy groups)
- Spearhead development of client presentations, and tailoring of other client facing materials to support our partners in their understanding and use of Flatiron’s research offerings
- Support development of new business proposals -- directly contributing to Flatiron revenues across the Research business
- Serve as a lead day to day point of contact for our biopharma research collaborators (e.g., HEOR, Bioinformatics, Medical Affairs), including on-site representation at client meetings (anticipated travel:
- Become a subject matter expert on Flatiron’s offerings and reliably represent our capabilities to advance the research priorities of our biopharma research collaborators
- Act as the voice of the customer and collaborate across internal functional groups (product, research oncology, quantitative science, engineering, business development, legal and finance team members) to identify opportunities to enhance existing products, identify new potential product offerings and influence go-to-market strategy
- Collaborate with Flatiron’s cross-functional research team to ensure Flatiron delivers high quality work to our biopharma partners
- Contribute to strategic initiatives, such as identifying and pursuing new growth opportunities for Flatiron and championing new processes to optimize Flatiron Research
- You have a B.A. or B.S. (preferred discipline in biologic sciences, engineering, biostatistics, health economics or similar)
- You have 5+ years of experience in client-facing roles of increasing responsibility, delivering products, services or analyses to biopharma companies, in organizations such as a life sciences oriented consulting firm, healthcare focused analytics and/or outcomes research firm or health tech firm
- You are known amongst your peers for effectively leading non-traditional projects, ideally in the area of oncology, that may require innovative / novel approaches in addition to managing project timelines, data analyses, supporting client communication and cross-functional team collaboration
- You’re interested in engaging directly with biopharma partners to help advance their research and business related strategies
- You are flexible, have a start-up mindset, enjoy a fast-paced environment
- You have the ability to juggle multiple client interactions and deadlines simultaneously
- You have the agility to work across and develop relationships with diverse, cross-functional teams
- You have the following traits: data driven, detail-oriented, strong desire to develop content expertise (e.g., RWE, clinical oncology, HEOR), proactive, self-motivated, self-directed, engaging, personable, positive attitude and comfortable with ambiguity
- Experience leading projects using real world clinical data (e.g., claims, EMR) in support of outcomes research
- Experience owning client relationships
- Oncology experience
- MBA, PhD, MPH a strong plus