Manager, Sales Development at Yext
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Yext is looking for a talented and dynamic Manager, Sales Development to join our expanding sales team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to manage and direct a team that has an impact on the growth of our business through top of the funnel activities that contribute to the lifeblood of our organization’s revenue.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity to help design, build, and scale a world-class Sales Development Team for one of the world’s fastest growing and most disruptive companies. You will need to leverage your experience, skills, and creativity to help us continue our incredible growth. You will build and measure the success of a high-energy team of SDRs (Inbound) in collaboration with management, marketing and marketing team members to plan and execute our goals, strategy and tactics to grow the Yext brand.
A Day in the Life
- Recruit and interview top candidates to join the SDR organization
- On-call coaching with SDRs to better their prospecting, outreach, and discovery efforts
- Collaborate with Account Executive Leadership to optimize cross functional efforts
- Work closely with marketing to capitalize on “warm engagement” from demand generation and field marketing initiatives
- Progress SDRs through their sales career by helping them acquire skills necessary for their next play
- Lead group trainings and team meetings with new hires and current team
- Hold SDR team accountable to achieve and exceed their monthly targets
What You’ll Do
- Motivate SDRs to exceed goals through coaching, incentives and development programs
- Maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to help the SDRs focus on maximizing performance
- Collaborate with marketing and revenue leadership on best practices and initiatives to source new pipeline in greenfield accounts
- Nurture professional development of SDRs
- Identify, design, and implement new processes designed to optimize business performance at a high-growth company
- Ensure correct usage of CRM and other sales applications
What You Have
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Ideal candidate will have a high desire to build a career in Sales Leadership
- 3+ years in the BDR / SDR function or relevant work experience
- Demonstration of leadership in a prior role
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including high-level communications with internal and external contacts
- Exceptional ability to organize work and tasks; attention to detail and excellent follow-through
- Demonstrate a passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
- Leadership skills and the ability to inspire
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.