Manager, Sales Strategy at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The vision of our Sales, Marketing, and Partnerships team is to drive long-term revenue with small businesses by creating meaningful and value-added engagement at every touchpoint, developing the foundation for an ongoing business relationship.
We are looking for an analytical and detail-oriented Manager to join the Sales Strategy team. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires the ability to liaise between Sales and other cross functional teams in scoping, planning and rolling out initiatives that improve the customer experience and drive the business forward.
As a Manager of Sales Strategy at OnDeck on the Revenue Operations team, you will:
- Plan and implement strategies that involve various parts of the overall sales process including: lead routing, customer outreach, application completion and decision rates, and renewal customer treatment
- Set quotas for all Sales team members from sales representative to VP level; align monthly sales quotas with originations targets of the broader business
- Conduct analyses and provide insights to help the Sales teams hit their monthly targets, such as pipeline reviews, funnel conversions, sales scorecards, etc.
- Monitor Sales funnel metrics and, when necessary, work with stakeholders to address deficiencies and implement solutions
- Be a main point of contact for day-to-day Sales operations questions and troubleshooting in areas such as Salesforce.com, customer offers, and internal/external commissions
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3+ years of experience in a Sales, Sales Operations or Revenue Operations role
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business, Finance, or other related field
- Strong business acumen and ability to solve complex problems under deadlines
- Comfortable working with large data sets and producing outputs in Excel
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of cross-functional stakeholders
- Proactive mindset and focus on improving the customer experience
- Experience working with sales tools such as Salesforce.com or other CRM software, lead routing, and call center software
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Previous experience navigating and reporting in Salesforce.com
- Previously held an inside sales role
- SQL coding and knowledge of database
- People management experience
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. and a leading online lender in Canada serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by approximately 100,000 small businesses by providing them with financing to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s 100 Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, 2019
- Denver Business Journal Best Places to Work, 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- Washington Post Top Places to Work, 2019
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**