Managing Director, Enterprise Business Development (Americas)
Foursquare is a technology company that enriches consumer experiences and informs business decisions through location intelligence. A community of more than 50 million people use the Foursquare City Guide and Foursquare Swarm apps and websites to discover new places, explore the world and check in. They have written more than 95 million tips and checked in over 12 billion times. Foursquare powers location data for Snapchat, Apple, Uber, Twitter and 125,000 other developers. Foursquare’s business solutions also include Pinpoint, Attribution, Pilgrim SDK and Foursquare Analytics, which empower brands to understand and connect to targeted audiences as well as measure foot traffic and advertising success.
About this Position
Foursquare is seeking a highly experienced and flexible leader to oversee and grow our 10 person Enterprise Business Development team in the Americas. The team is responsible not only for delivering revenue but also growing strategic partnerships. You are equally adept at leading a distributed team, delivering on aggressive revenue goals and constructing unique strategic relationships. You will understand our key verticals and your partners’ businesses as well as they do and identify the areas for engagement and mutual benefit. You must be a relationship builder with solid technical understanding, who can work with C-suite leaders, engineering teams, as well as Product Managers building solutions. You are a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving and oftentimes ambiguous environment.
The right candidate for this role is an empathetic manager who can motivate and energize teams. S/he is results driven, understands how to drive accountability within a sales org, has a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and will work to open up doors for team.
Today, Foursquare’s location intelligence is embedded in an ever-expanding range of digital consumer and enterprise experiences across a wide range of businesses big and small. We power location for Twitter, Uber, Samsung, Capital One and over 125k other developers. Our platform powers leading applications in social media, communication, dating, ride hail, transit, navigation, and media. It is also exploited by decision-makers in finance, retail and CPG who seek an edge over the competition. Our partners use our Places database, location technologies, and build solutions to solve large-scale business problems and engage users.
The role is located in either San Francisco or New York City and reports to the VP of Business Development & Enterprise.
- Develop a strong understanding of Foursquare’s various solutions and data sets in order to deliver the right solution to partners
- Understand the full scope of Foursquare’s mission as well as the partners’ needs and be able to reflect those ambitions in deal terms
- Build, lead and scale the high performing Platform Partnerships team in the Americas
- Effectively team with Technical Services, Partner Success, Legal and Finance to resolve emerging issues before they become problems
- Clearly and precisely communicate up and across the organization
- Build valuable relationships in our key verticals to grow the Enterprise business in Social Media, Commerce, Finance, Auto & Navigation, Publishing, CPG and Retail
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the legal, finance, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- 15 years experience developing people, leading business development and/or enterprise sales
- Experience with complex, multi-dimensional relationships as well as scaling an enterprise subscription service
- A sense of humor and strong desire to “get it done” even when it doesn’t look doable
- BA required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.