Managing Director, Enterprise Business Development (EU & Americas)
Since our inception in 2009, Foursquare has been a leading force in changing how location information enriches our real-world and digital lives. As a location intelligence company, Foursquare is comprised of two well-known consumer apps, Foursquare and Swarm, as well as thriving media and enterprise products. Our B2B offerings include Places (for developers), Pinpoint and Attribution (for marketers), and Foursquare Analytics (for analysts, based on the world's largest foot traffic panel). With more than 250 people across our offices in New York, San Francisco, and in sales offices around the globe, we’re dedicated to our trailblazing mission—enriching consumer experiences and informing business decisions with location intelligence. In many ways, the company is now a Machine Learning and Data Science company at its core.
About this Position
Foursquare is seeking a highly experienced and flexible leader to oversee and grow our 10 person Enterprise Business Development team in the Americas. The team is responsible not only for delivering revenue but also growing strategic partnerships. You are equally adept at leading a distributed team, delivering on aggressive revenue goals and constructing unique strategic relationships. You will understand our key verticals and your partners’ businesses as well as they do and identify the areas for engagement and mutual benefit. You must be a relationship builder with solid technical understanding, who can work with C-suite leaders, engineering teams, as well as Product Managers building solutions. You are a highly motivated, proactive self-starter who can operate in a fast moving and oftentimes ambiguous environment.
The right candidate for this role is an empathetic manager who can motivate and energize teams. S/he is results driven, understands how to drive accountability within a sales org, has a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and will work to open up doors for team.
Today, Foursquare’s location intelligence is embedded in an ever-expanding range of digital consumer and enterprise experiences across a wide range of businesses big and small. We power location for Twitter, Uber, Samsung, Capital One and over 125k other developers. Our platform powers leading applications in social media, communication, dating, ride hail, transit, navigation, and media. It is also exploited by decision-makers in finance, retail and CPG who seek an edge over the competition. Our partners use our Places database, location technologies, and build solutions to solve large-scale business problems and engage users.
The role is located in either San Francisco or New York City and reports to the VP of Business Development & Enterprise.
- Develop a strong understanding of Foursquare’s various solutions and data sets in order to deliver the right solution to partners
- Understand the full scope of Foursquare’s mission as well as the partners’ needs and be able to reflect those ambitions in deal terms
- Build, lead and scale the high performing Platform Partnerships team in the Americas
- Effectively team with Technical Services, Partner Success, Legal and Finance to resolve emerging issues before they become problems
- Clearly and precisely communicate up and across the organization
- Build valuable relationships in our key verticals to grow the Enterprise business in Social Media, Commerce, Finance, Auto & Navigation, Publishing, CPG and Retail
- Develop strong relationships across the Foursquare organization, including the legal, finance, product, marketing and engineering organizations
- 15 years experience developing people, leading business development and/or enterprise sales
- Experience with complex, multi-dimensional relationships as well as scaling an enterprise subscription service
- A sense of humor and strong desire to “get it done” even when it doesn’t look doable
- BA required, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives and backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users and team members. We value listening to every voice and we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company and products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.