Merchandising Associate at Primary Kids
Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:27 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, February 13, 2020
Primary is a gender-free, inclusive kids clothing brand started by Galyn Bernard and Christina Carbonell in 2015. The company was founded on the idea that kids clothing should be affordable, feel amazing, and be free of logos and slogans so that all kids can truly shine. Our customers are incredibly passionate about our mission, leading to strong repeat metrics and one of the highest NPS scores in the industry (85+). We are laser-focused on building a strong, sustainable and profitable (!!) business, and hiring the best people to help us get there. Our company values kind and thoughtful self-starters who can think strategically and then work collaboratively with people across the organization to produce high-quality outcomes. We are also a very change-friendly group of people, and are always seeking fresh points of view to uncover ways we can improve our products, processes and team culture.
Company-sponsored health insurance
A 401k program (no matching just yet)
Three weeks of PTO (four weeks after two years at the company)
12 weeks of parental leave + 2 week ramp-up period afterward for all new parents
Bagel Thursdays and Frydays (yes it's what you think it is)
Primary School: a program that gives every employee $100 a month to spend on classes to help them grow (even if unrelated to their work).
We are looking for a Merchandising Associate to join our Merchandising team.
As a Merchandising Associate, you will report to one of our Directors, Category Merchandising.
You will be responsible for:
- Understanding the competitive landscape, including tracking competitive assortments and pricing/sale cadence
- Pushing new products live on-site
- Performing ongoing site refreshes based on in-stock rates, style- and color-selling
- Tracking and organizing customer feedback, sharing with Customer Experience and Production teams
- Assisting as needed with special merchandising projects and initiatives
- Shopping for inspirational samples
- Managing styles in development in our PLM system
- Partnering with Production team and Planning throughout the product development process
- Assisting with weekly reporting and analysis
- Creative to ensure images and product descriptions are ready
- Customer Experience to ensure product details and pricing are clear
Supporting product development efforts, including:
Preparing new styles for launch on our website, including partnering with:
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Strong work ethic and bias for action
We are also looking for:
- Not just a willingness, but a love of rolling up sleeves to do the work
- No sharp elbows – you thrive in a respectful/collaborative environment
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our team, we would love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description