National Sales Director - Grocery at Harry's
The National Sales Director will play a critical role in leading new partnerships with key US retailers for the Harry’s Brand. This role will have a direct impact on the company’s current and future growth in that they will significantly broaden awareness and bring millions of new customers into the brand. For this role, we need an amazing customer development leader – one who understands the unique needs of new retail partners and their end customers. We also need a leader who can translate our brand into the retail environment in a way that drives differentiation in an efficient manner. The National Sales leader must be able to manage substantial complexity and translate and execute the Harry’s vision in many retail formats. We also need a world-class team leader and collaborator, who can attract exceptional talent and collaborate well with diverse stakeholders. This role will require strong organizational skills and analytical capabilities and the ability to set strategy and drive executional details.
About the Team
The Retail team plays a critical role in growing the Harry’s brand and providing exceptional experiences to our end customers, through deep strategic relationships with our retail partners. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each customer, cultivating strong relationships across all functions – merchandising, marketing, operations and in store execution. The Retail team will also play continue to play a key role in enabling Harry’s to expand into new men’s personal care categories, by channeling insights from partners into innovation efforts, understanding how to position the brand to end customers in complex environments and driving the roll out of new product lines.
Here's what you'll accomplish:
- Lead all customer development activity managing our business across several retailers
- Manage Customer P&L including Trade Spending and all OpEx
- Manage a high functioning team and agency partners to serve the needs of each retail partner and Harry’s
- Oversee development of annual Business Plan for each retailer that delivers on revenue and profit goals and works across company channel strategy
- Manage ongoing customer development, sales analytics and forecasting needs, as well as all project management and in store execution across an entire channel
- Help to define Harry’s future strategy for a channel from a product, merchandising, marketing and partner perspective
These might describe you:
- 10+ years of retail sales experience across multiple channels
- Strong existing relationships with retailers and a passion for helping them grow their business and better serve their customers
- Proven track record of delivering top and bottom line results in a customer development
- A strong collaborator, who works well with diverse set of cross-functional stakeholders and partners
- Thrives on complexity, able to adeptly manage multiple SKUs and categories across multiple retailers and footprints. Extremely well organized, no detail is too small.
- Innovative thinker who’s not afraid to disrupt the norm and go-to-market in new and unique ways. Yet, pragmatic around the need to balance customization and efficiency.
- Deeply insightful around end consumer needs at specific retailers and thoughtful around how to meet those needs from a new product innovation, portfolio and merchandising perspective
- Strong team builder and leader, able to attract, inspire and motivate exceptional people
- Self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Take your work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously
Who you will work with:
- You will report to the VP of Retail Sales
- You'll work closely with retail partners, agencies and Harry’s teams (including shopper marketing, distribution, marketing, R&D and design) to bring the brand to life at retail partners and fulfill the retailers needs
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.