Operations & Sales General Application (Remote) at Policygenius
Operations at Policygenius
Are you an early career job-seeker interested in joining a fast-growing insurtech startup? Are you a team-player, a great communicator, and ready to take the wheel on building your career? Policygenius has big goals and you can help us achieve them by joining our rapidly growing team. We are building the foundation of the greatest service organization in insurance, and we need your help! Our diverse operations teams are hiring for associates including:
- Case Management
- Customer Success
- Client Experience
- Quoting & Underwriting
Whether you're interested in a customer-facing role or something more back-end, no matter which team you join, Pg-ers thrive on collaboration, creativity, and thoughtful communication with customers as we create a positive, tech-enhanced experience in an industry typically known for being old-school and paper-based. You’ll receive tons of training, 1:1 coaching, your Life or P&C Insurance licensing (don’t worry - we foot the bill!), and join a quickly growing team in Durham, NC as we scale our second HQ. We can’t wait to have you jumpstart your career with us!
Individuals who reside in Alaska, California, Colorado, Montana, Nevada, and Rhode Island are not eligible for this remote role.
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or relevant professional experience
- You possess strong communication skills and an enthusiasm for interacting with customers whether it’s via phone, email, or chat
- You have customer-focused mindset: you’re motivated by the opportunity to connect prospective customers to a product that meets their unique needs
- You’re focused on honesty, integrity, & ethics: you can be trusted to do the right thing for customers and for the team
- You’ve got a go-getter attitude, passion for helping customers, eagerness to learn, and effective problem-solving skills
- You have a desire to be a member of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- You have the desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
You can expect…
- Your Life or P&C Insurance License and access to other opportunities for paid training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- A salaried role (no competitive commissions here!) for a 40 hour work week, with opportunities for incentive bonuses
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA, and commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, your team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship, and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is the online insurance marketplace combining cutting-edge technology with the expertise of real licensed agents to help people get the coverage they need to protect their family, property, and finances with confidence. Since 2014, we've served as a resource for millions of people on their insurance journeys, and we've placed more than $160 billion in coverage. Our $125 million Series E in early 2022 brought our fundraising total to over $250 million.
At Policygenius, we've worked hard to maintain an inclusive culture amid our rapid growth. We’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated, and we're committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status, or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!