Organizer Success Manager
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change Lives.
We’re looking for an Organizer Success Manager to support the growth and success of an exciting new business within Meetup. The Enterprise team connects the thriving communities on Meetup with companies (e.g. brands, service providers, recruiters, etc) who wish to engage with them through a brand new sponsorship offering. Enterprise interviews both Organizers and potential sponsors to understand their wants, needs and interests so we can pair them together in a way that bring new forms of value to all.
Reporting to the General Manager of Enterprise, the Organizer Success Manager is responsible for selecting, on-boarding, and the long term success of Organizers on Meetup’s new sponsorship program.
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out the best ways to identify, qualify, approve and onboard organizers into a sponsorship program
- Determine the characteristics of the ideal organizers for sponsorship, the most compelling value proposition to attract them, and most effective ways to match them with prospective sponsors.
- Research and interview the organizers and sponsors currently working together on Meetup without our involvement to ensure that our offering brings far greater value than what’s available in the market today
- Interview organizers and sponsors to help develop the packages, pricing and business model for this sponsorship marketplace
- Manage expectations, deliverables, processes, and tracking to facilitate sponsored events which delight all parties and get them to indicate interest in doing it again
- Partner with the Enterprise team to figure out how to scale our sponsorship model
- Develop a strategic playbook to grow supply by city, by vertical, and by use-case which considers passive (e.g. marketing to drive organizer applications) and active tactics (e.g. inside sales to acquire organizers)
- Partner with Business Strategy to identify and measure KPIs and maintain a financial model which identifies key growth levers and forecasts performance based on critical assumptions and performance metrics
- Partner with Product to identify and build light internal development solutions to generate leads, convert & onboard organizers, and drive organizer success.
- A people person: 3+ years of previous account management / customer success experience and are comfortable working with everyone from C-Suite executives to interns
- An innovator: Experience developing and scaling a new business, either at a start-up or within a larger company
- An educator: you are able to coach clients on strategic community management, and best practices on Meetup
- An entrepreneur: a self-starter who has a high sense of urgency and can work within undefined processes
- An articulate communicator with a strong attention to detail: from in-person to phone calls, to emails - you get the right point across in all situations
- An experimenter: you’re comfortable trying out a number of different tools & processes in the short term that will get ironed out as the team scales
- Someone who is detail-oriented: you’re highly organized and can handle multiple accounts and lots of events with ease
- Background in project management, formal or informal not required but preferred
- Background in Community or Experiential Marketing not required, but preferred
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?