Outbound Sales Development Manager at OwnBackup
Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent; all companies are at risk. OwnBackup is the #1 data backup, archiving, and sandbox seeding app on the Salesforce AppExchange. With over 2,000 customers, we are ranked #25 on Financial Times’ list of America’s fastest growing companies, and have raised $100 million in venture funding.
The Outbound Sales Development Manager will be responsible for managing and executing a team business development plan. This leader will oversee a growing strategic sales team of outbound business development reps tasked with building a pipeline of opportunity in the Americas.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Execute an aggressive business development strategy to achieve team goals on a monthly basis - meetings, opportunities and pipeline
- Manage a team of 6-8 early-career professionals and assist in their professional development through coaching and leading from the front
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and successful collaborate with peer sales managers of Account Executives
- Hire quality candidates to keep up with company growth and strive to improve productivity of new hires
- Provide recommendations for improving the inbound and outbound strategy for building pipeline
- Manage team performance on a monthly basis
- Position the team for growth by increasing the productivity and yield of each Sales Development Rep
- Operate effectively in a high-growth fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate OwnBackup values in everything you do
- 3+ years experience as a Senior Business Development Rep or Business Development Manager - preferably in a SaaS software company
- History of consistently achieving sales goals
- Track record of recruiting, developing, and retaining a high-performing talent
- Proven success working within a matrixed organization and establishing strong relationships across all functions
- Strong operational and analytical abilities and experienced in Salesforce
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred
- Experience working at startup preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesloft preferred
- MUST be local to NY/NJ/CT area
This is a full time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize interaction with business development reps and account executives.
Here at OwnBackup, culture is as important as results, and a key part of our culture is our differences. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status. OwnBackup will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our market opportunity and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and Salesforce Ventures. The company has experienced 100% y/y growth, establishing early market dominance in a big addressable market. To put it in perspective OwnBackup has 2k customers and nearly all of Salesforce 150k customers are a potential fit to use our products. Given the company’s vision to be the leading Cloud Data Protection Platform, there are also plans to expand into other SaaS ecosystems in the company year.