Partner Account Associate at Plaid
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:28 p.m. (EST) on Monday, December 2, 2019
At Plaid, our mission is to empower innovators by delivering access to the financial system. Since 2012 we've helped tens of millions of consumers live a better financial life and over a thousand customers build a new financial future. Our customers range from startups like Stripe, Coinbase and Square to Fortune 500 enterprises like American Express and PayPal. Founded in 2012, Plaid has raised $300M+ of capital from major venture capital firms such as Kleiner Perkins, Andreessen Horowitz, Index, Spark and NEA, as well as global financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and Citi. But we’re just getting started.
AEs “own” the full partner relationship process, from opportunity qualification, deal structuring (which is generally consultative and can be complex), negotiating economics, and the legal contracting process. Once “closed,” the AE maintains a strong relationship with the partner and works closely with our enablement team to drive ongoing value from the relationship.
Successful partner AEs have a blend of “hunter” and “farmer” commercial skills -- they close deals effectively (with strong economic terms) but understand that maximizing partner value requires a long term investment in the relationship. Past experience in channel sales, account management, and other strategic commercial roles makes for a good team fit.
What excites you
- You enjoy negotiating complex deals with diverse objectives beyond headline revenue
- You have a high degree of empathy for partners, and gravitate toward long-term rather than transactional business relationships
- You have the creativity, business instincts, and hustle to adapt to quickly evolving partner needs
- Joining one of the newest and fastest-growing teams at Plaid -- and all that comes with being on a team that is a “startup within a startup”!
What excites us
- 2+ years experience in commercial partnerships, business development, or channel sales roles
- An ownership mentality -- you’ll “run through walls” to ensure our successful execution of our partnership strategy
- Ability to transition seamlessly between “macro” (i.e., prioritizing partners within an entire industry vertical) and “micro” (resolving a pain point for a specific partner)
- A team player who goes beyond meeting quota to proactively help with internal initiatives that make the whole team stronger
- Excellent relationship skillsFinancial services and/or high-growth startup experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description