Partner Development Representative at DigitalOcean
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging and interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.We want people who are passionate about solving complex cloud infrastructure challenges for our customers and business partnerships.
If you are energetic, motivated, organized, and passionate about impacting a rapidly growing Partnerships & Sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.About the Opportunity:
DigitalOcean is seeking an experienced Partner Development Representative (PDR) to join our growing channel sales team. This team is responsible for achieving and exceeding revenue targets through pipeline generation, marketing activities, recruiting, and channel partners. The goal of this team is to ensure our customers and our partners reach their goals and key performance targets are met and exceeded. Channel Partners are critical to our growth strategy, and our Channel Team is the foundation to their success.
As a Partner Development Representative (PDR), you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market and onboarding DO partnerships. You will work closely with the Partner Development Manager, sales, and marketing teams to ensure a seamless transition of sales opportunities once qualified. Like any high-performing team, you will be measured by results. You will be the first line of engagement with future DO partnerships and will impact the success of DO. You will become a cloud expert and work closely with a Business Development Representative and Solutions Engineers to tell the DigitalOcean story and deliver the value proposition to our partners and customers. You’ll play a key role in establishing the value proposition of DigitialOcean’s portfolio as an additional revenue stream for your partners. You will also work with the marketing team to regularly drive demand generation campaigns in your territory.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity within a growing organization to join a talented group of like-minded individuals who share a passion for excellence and teamwork.What You'll Be Doing:
- Qualify partners from Leads
- Execute contracts
- Recruit Partners into the DO Partnerships program
- Building and nurturing top-down, key relationships within target partnerships.
- Drive enrollment into DO Partnerships Program
- Contract Administration
- Onboarding process
- Establish enablement path
- Transition to marketing resources
- Coordinating and delivering sales and technical enablement to partners in collaboration with the solutions engineering team – enabling our partners to think of DO first when a project arises.
- Broker sales collaboration with the territory Business Development Manager and Partner Development Manager
- Pipeline/Forecast tracking
- Order tracking
- Achieve and exceeding quarterly and annual goals.
- Sales pipeline and forecast management
- Revenue monitoring
- Helping customers and partners progress through our sales process.
- Identifying and sell into new SMB accounts where our offerings help protect their revenue streams.
- Account mapping with partners, whether in-person or virtual, and driving overall awareness.
- Maintain high levels of activity and productivity in a highly autonomous, mostly virtual work environment.
- Attend virtual and in-person trade shows and industry-related events to solicit new target accounts.
- Renewing Contracts
- 2+ years of Channel Management experience, preferably in the SaaS industry
- Track record of proven success achieving targets and driving sales growth
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing pipelines, lead generation, business plan execution, and complex sales with channel partners and end-users.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!