Partner Manager | NYC
BetterCloud is the first SaaS Application Management and Security Platform, enabling IT to centralize, orchestrate, and operationalize day-to-day administration and control for SaaS applications. Every day, thousands of customers rely on BetterCloud to centralize data and controls, surface operational intelligence, enforce complex security policies, and delegate custom administrator privileges across SaaS applications. BetterCloud is headquartered in New York City with an engineering office in Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit www.bettercloud.com. BetterCloud is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets
BetterCloud is looking for a Partner Manager with strong strategy and relationship management experience to accelerate our global reseller and referral partner ecosystem, with the objective to grow our revenue and new partner network and strengthen our distribution channels worldwide.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong background in channel sales and marketing that enables them to engage with partner sales organizations at the executive level, organize and manage an ecosystem of resellers, OEMs, and referral partners and work closely with BetterCloud’s sales and customer success teams. Basic functions will include evangelizing our partner program (both internally and externally) and expanding relationships with existing partners. Candidate must have achieved previous success with a channel focused role working for a SaaS business, preferably selling into IT organizations.
Candidate should also have demonstrated an ability to think strategically about business, product, and ecosystem challenges. We are looking for candidates that are creative, aggressive and looking to expand and advance their responsibilities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proven track record of driving sales and exceeding quotas in a channel sales role
- Ability to accurately forecast channel bookings/revenue
- Strong history of building and driving pipeline generation with partner organizations
- Strong analytical skills to determine which programs work and how to scale successful programs
- Proven ability to orchestrate program management and thought leadership across partner community to increase revenue and drive additional business opportunities
- Build a strategic plan for initiating conversations, selling the value of a mutually beneficial working relationship to those partners, and defining the structure of partnerships
- Provide tailored value propositions and create detailed go-to-market plans that underscore our value proposition to the marketplace and create new revenue opportunities
- Reinforce value of partner relationships within the BetterCloud sales team
- Work with partner sales teams to keep BetterCloud top of mind for appropriate opportunities
- Ability to travel is a requirement
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of partner/channel sales at a SaaS start up, successfully implementing channel strategy to drive dramatically increased sales. Looking for someone who has built out a channel program at a similar size company.
- Ability to formulate a partnership vision, strategy, and execution plan
- A business leader who is able to drive influence and build strong relationships with decision makers across all levels of partner and prospect organizations
- Maintains awareness of the competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, and new industry developments
- Strategic thinker who can quickly understand partner business models and predict client requirements
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills - articulate, concise and compelling
- Up to date on the trends and market leading companies in the broader Cloud Computing ecosystem
- Must be able to prioritize and multi-task with special attention to detail and follow-up
- Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Comfortable with weekly travel to partners as necessary
- BA/BS degree, MBA or Masters degree a plus
- Multiple languages is a huge plus